When Supervisors/Managers/Superiors say the dumbest things... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

When Supervisors/Managers/Superiors say the dumbest things...

Let me give you an idea of what mine says.

I said I need to go to the doctor. My supervisor says, "You can leave later and make it there in 10min". This is at 3pm during rushhour traffic. Now how the hell are you suppose to go 14 miles in 10 min???????? ESPECIALLY in rush hour traffic. The supervisor knew it was 14-15 miles.

So it's my birthday and I walk in. My supervisor knows it's my birthday. These are the first words coming out of the Supervisor's mouth..."You don't give a **** about anybody, you are a cold person." I don't know where that one came out from...

And my favorite...
I went to the bathroom and I come back 10 min-15 min later. My superviser asks me where I was and I said I was in the restroom. Then the funniest/weirdest thing comes out of the Supervisor's mouth, " I know you needed to go but this is not home, next time go faster." ROFLMAO!!!! I didn't know my butt had different poop speeds.

I have many more but it's late, I'll post some more later. Posting this kind of relieves stress. There were some that when the supervisor said me and my buddy laughed right in front of the supervisor face. It was too hard to hold in.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:47 AM   #2
Registered Member

I see it myself all the time compaq. Fact is its never from my superiors. They know I will quit them. If they get to ate up with the dumba$$.

I hear it from customers and engineers.

Seeing that I work with centrifugal pumps a lot this is a common one for condenser water pumps.

Mechanical engineer specs a cooling tower and pumps for a system. I go out to inspect the job and start the pumps up. A common pump for this job is a Bell & Gossett VSC or HSC. I start up the pumps and set back and listen to the pump. Sounds like its pumping BB's. Reason, low suction pressure. Cooling tower isn't mounted high enough or they lay the pipe out with what amounts to a huge pea trap in it. Robing the pump of it static suction psi. Resulting in the pump having to create a vacume to move water. At this point the engineer goes into a long triad about how its not in a true vacume. Cause if it was we would all be dead. I just tell them to go over and lather the customer with there BS and explain to them why they are going to have to buy a new impeller from me every two years at a huge cost.

psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
your job sucks. definitely quit.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared
your job sucks. definitely quit.
all in good time.

This job very much agrees with my college schedule. I had to leave my last 2 jobs because there was a scheduling conflict.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #5
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
Let me give you an idea of what mine says.

I said I need to go to the doctor. My supervisor says, "You can leave later and make it there in 10min". This is at 3pm during rushhour traffic. Now how the hell are you suppose to go 14 miles in 10 min???????? ESPECIALLY in rush hour traffic. The supervisor knew it was 14-15 miles.

So it's my birthday and I walk in. My supervisor knows it's my birthday. These are the first words coming out of the Supervisor's mouth..."You don't give a **** about anybody, you are a cold person." I don't know where that one came out from...

And my favorite...
I went to the bathroom and I come back 10 min-15 min later. My superviser asks me where I was and I said I was in the restroom. Then the funniest/weirdest thing comes out of the Supervisor's mouth, " I know you needed to go but this is not home, next time go faster." ROFLMAO!!!! I didn't know my butt had different poop speeds.

I have many more but it's late, I'll post some more later. Posting this kind of relieves stress. There were some that when the supervisor said me and my buddy laughed right in front of the supervisor face. It was too hard to hold in.
Is anyone else aware of his drinking problem?

I've worked for a few active alcoholics. My favorite quote by one was when my boss joined in a group coworker discussion about things that annoy us with "you know what I hate? I hate those stupid drunk driving laws. [stunned silence] I mean if people don't feel safe, they should stay home. I mean people have to die." In his pickled brain, this actually made sense. Then he went out to his car to drink some more mouthwash.

We had a game we called the daily numbers. It was based on how far away from him you could get and still get high off the fumes. He stunk so bad, I think he melted my keyboard.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #6

I'm confused, you're for drunk driving because you're pissed off at MADD?

Look, I'm not interested in flaming anyone. I also know nothing about MADD, but I do know of several people who died by a drunk driver that survived. Where are the victims' rights? They're not here to demand them are they? They have none because some stinking sloppy drunk thought it was his God-given right to get loaded and drive a 2 ton iron thing with wild abandon down streets we all have to share. I don't think that's exercising bravery or liberty, it's just braindead. As for cell phone idiots, I agree, they need some pain too.

(first line was just a jab)
Old 12-07-2006, 11:16 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher
Now to make my position more clear: I do not agree with allowing people behind the wheel that can't safely control their vehicles
Ahh , so you mean chix
onegammyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher
Now to make my position more clear: I do not agree with allowing people behind the wheel that can't safely control their vehicles- HOWEVER I think the new BAC levels are artificially low and their main function is to allow the state to have control over the citizens and be able to exploit people financially. I don't agree with blanket checkpoints where the cops stop everyone to check them out- this isn't freaking Iraq or Israel... or maybe it is?
Sorry if I seemed serious about that first line. I was really just ribbing ya. I do see your point.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:05 AM   #9

BAC Baccalaur?at (French)
BAC Bachelor
BAC Bacterial Artificial Chromosome
BAC Baile ?tha Cliath (Irish: Dublin)
BAC Baking Association of Canada
BAC Balanced Asynchronous Class
BAC Baltimore Air Coil
BAC Bank of America Corporation (stock symbol)
BAC Bar Admission Course (Ontario)
BAC Base Advisory Council
BAC Baseband Assembly Control
BAC Baseline Assembly Control
BAC Basic Access Control
BAC Basic Airborne Course (US Army)
BAC Battle Area Course
BAC Bay Arts Council (Bay City, Michigan)
BAC Bell Atlantic Corporation
BAC Belmont Abbey College
BAC Below All Clouds
BAC Bentley Administration Center
BAC Billing Adjustment Code
BAC Billings Athletic Club
BAC Binary Asymmetrical Channel
BAC Bindon Aiming Concept
BAC Biological Activated Carbon
BAC Bioremediation Action Committee (EPA)
BAC Biotechnology Advisory Committee
BAC Block-Acknowledge Counter (ITU-T)
BAC Blood Alcohol Concentration
BAC Blood Alcohol Content
BAC Bloomer Amusement Co., Inc.
BAC Boating Advisory Council (Florida, USA)
BAC Bobcat Athletic Club (aka BAC'ers, Estes Park, Colorado, USA)
BAC Boeing Airplane Company
BAC Boomerang Association of Canada
BAC Boric Acid Concentrator
BAC Born Again Christian
BAC Boston Architectural Center
BAC Bournemouth Aviation Consultants Ltd
BAC Branch Address Cache
BAC Breakaway Coupling
BAC Breath Alcohol Content
BAC Brewers Association of Canada
BAC Bricklayers and Allied Craftsmen (union)
BAC Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (union)
BAC Brigade Ammunition Column
BAC Brisbane Airport Corporation
BAC British Accreditation Council
BAC British Aircraft Corporation (now BAE systems)
BAC British Association of Counseling
BAC Broad Area Chaff
BAC Bronchoalveolar Carcinoma
BAC Budget Activity Code
BAC Budget Advisory Committee
BAC Budget At Completion
BAC Buffalo Athletic Club (Buffalo, NY)
BAC Buffer Access Card
BAC Bureau d'Assurances du Canada
BAC Bus Access Circuit
BAC Business Acquisition Council (SAIC)
BAC Business Advisory Center
BAC Business Advisory Council (Asian)
BAC Business Affairs Commission
BAC Business Assistance Center
BAC Business Associate Contract (HIPAA)
BAC By Any Chance
BAC Bypass Air Control (valve)

Old 12-12-2006, 04:07 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq888
all in good time.

This job very much agrees with my college schedule. I had to leave my last 2 jobs because there was a scheduling conflict.

Well I found out how much school work I had to do and I called supervisor on Sunday night and requested 2 days off this week. The Supervisor told me to come on Monday for sure and we will see about Tues/Wed. My test is on Wed, so since I worked Monday the 2 days have to be Tuesday and Wednesday.

On monday I got a lot of bull**** that I would would come in on Tuesday and do a couple of hours of work and leave. From all the work that I did monday I could definetly see myself leaving 1-2pm on Tuesday. I asked about Wed. and I got the look that it was a definate no no.

I am taking this class for the 3rd time now, and I can't afford to fail it this time. My graduation is already 2010 and I started back in 2003. Not only this will delay my graduation by another year or 2(waiting list might get bigger) but I'm not taking this class for the 4th time. I did 90+ pages of labs, I have slept 5-6 hours the whole semester because of this.

So i remembered back when I was sick and the supervisor saw that I was sick. The supervisor said I looked so sick that I'm going to be sent home. So for the next 3-4 hours I was given some task to drag boxes. By that same supervisor.

So this morning I called in and said I was taking 2 days off for my personal use since they won't be given to me. The supervisor called my house, my cell phone, even my mom's cell phone WTF!!!!!!!!! To tell me to come in to work.

A lot of people can do my job there that I was doing and I'm sure they will survive without me for 2 days.

If I get fired then fine. I'm not going to take this BS anymore and just take out a loan and finish my education.