Why I now love Jiffy Lube - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2006, 06:15 AM   #11
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack
I protect my cars from the likes of Jiffy Lube and such. I fear I would have to put a car down if one of those quicky places ever touched one of them.
I used to go to them but stopped because:
1. I've caught them too many times not doing most of the stuff on their checklist (like check all fluids, vacuum, clean glass) but checking it off anyway.
2. Heard from coworkers about them not putting stuff back correctly (like correct amount of oil, or the dipstick). How hard is that?
3. Personally witnessed them drop a fairly nice Mercedes down into the grease pit! Yet they insist on driving the car into the bay themselves.
4. The don't have the filters or oil I need.
5. The quality of their work varies greatly by site: buyer beware.

Other than that they're great. Your mileage may vary.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:52 AM   #12
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredwings
1. I've caught them too many times not doing most of the stuff on their checklist (like check all fluids, vacuum, clean glass) but checking it off anyway.
2. Heard from coworkers about them not putting stuff back correctly (like correct amount of oil, or the dipstick). How hard is that?
3. Personally witnessed them drop a fairly nice Mercedes down into the grease pit! Yet they insist on driving the car into the bay themselves.

Yeah, I won't use them for oil changes any more. I'll just do it myself. For smog and safety inspection, however, I have to go SOMEWHERE. The local shop by my house was closed last night, so I just went to Jiffy Lube.

The guy who tested it claimed to know a lot about hondas but had never heard of a Civic VX before. That kind of scared me too :P

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:08 AM   #13
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion
The guy who tested it claimed to know a lot about hondas but had never heard of a Civic VX before. That kind of scared me too :P
Old 05-31-2006, 08:25 AM   #14
Tuggin at the surly bonds

Quote:
Yeah, I won't use them for oil changes any more. I'll just do it myself. For smog and safety inspection, however, I have to go SOMEWHERE. The local shop by my house was closed last night, so I just went to Jiffy Lube...
That one-stop-shopping sounds great. MA has too many contractor-fingers in the soup to be that efficient.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #15
*shrug*

Quote:
Yeah, I won't use them for oil changes any more. I'll just do it myself. For smog and safety inspection, however, I have to go SOMEWHERE. The local shop by my house was closed last night, so I just went to Jiffy Lube.

Some guy at work was whining about 5 wire o2s (a mechanic) and I told him honda started using them in 92 and he didn't believe me...

The funny thing about mechanics is that they don't know why the 5 wire is different, just that it is.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveredwings

I had a friend go there for an oil change back in the mid 90's with his Chevy Cavalier. I guess they didnt tighten down the drain plug and it fell out about 5 miles later and drained all of his oil. Motor went by-by. I tell everyone never EVER go there.

https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452824

GasSavers_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:06 AM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
My sister's boyfriend works for them. In fact, that is one option I'm considering for getting the Triumph to pass inspection once converted.

Missouri hates EVs, especially our governor. You see, Matt Blunt's(the governor's) family makes their living off of the auto industry, mostly car dealerships.

Most people at these places don't know what they're doing. But I have no problem making use of them when applicable.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:08 AM   #18
*shrug*

Matt Blunt is one of the biggest douchebags in elected office, so it makes sense he's in Missouri, but whatever.....................
Old 06-22-2006, 08:27 AM   #19
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Matt Blunt is one of the biggest douchebags in elected office, so it makes sense he's in Missouri, but whatever.....................
hmmm nice talk sugar mouth. but yea i agree.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:36 AM   #20
*shrug*

Sorry, honey, I'll try to be nicer next time his state passes an amendment against basic human rights and equality.