YAY - The new engine is purchased! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-09-2005, 11:57 AM   #1
Driving on E

YAY - The new engine is purchased!

I just ordered my d15z1 engine from Nippon Motors. The whole thing is going to cost around $550 shipped to my house. It's a little pricey, but I'd very interested in seeing the gas mileage improvements I'm going to get after putting this puppy in my car.

I need a new engine anyway. My previous engine blew a head gasket a few months back which (I'm pretty sure) warped my head. I was getting 38mpg before that, and now I'm getting 33ish. Then again, the mechanic that fixed it may have jacked up my timing.

This will be yet another step in a long journey to get uber good gas mileage in my civic.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:30 PM   #2
*shrug*

Driving-Common sense REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that is definately awesome. Now you can sell off some of your old crap, haha. In any case, I can't wait to see it done. How long are you gonna spend putting it in? Dropping it or lowering the car over it? And finally, do I smell a full write up? That would draw some people here to look at it, haha.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #3
Driving on E

The altima is SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

A full write up is definately in the making. I'm not sure if I want to raise the engine out of the car or raise the car up and remove the engine. Either way will it be a good experience.

I might not tackle this for 2 months or so. We have our wedding next month, and I still have to finish the basement before winter hits. how time flys.

With any luck this will be done before christmas (hopefully LONG before christmas). I'll also have a spare z1 head and intake manifold in the event anyone wants one

Old 09-13-2005, 11:52 AM   #4
Driving on E

Going to the Darkside

Talk about fast service. I ordered the engine around 3pm on friday, and the engine arrived today. The best part? It has a five wire o2 sensor on it. I just bought another one for $25, but this means i"ll have an extra to sell or use if I need to.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:58 PM   #5
*shrug*

viable way to make AC more friendly...

Then 550 isn't such a bad deal with the 02 sensor on the thing. Sell that other one for 150 after you're sure it works and you'll be doing well for it.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 02:42 PM   #6
Driving on E

LLR Tires

I just unwrapped it. It also came with a distributor, so the one I bought is now useless... as is the cylinder head AND the intake manifold that will be here someday.

At least I can sell them to minimize my loss.