1973 Honda CT90 On/Offroad - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

1973 Honda CT90 On/Offroad

Thought someone may be interested in this.

http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/428046526.html

Old 09-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
*shrug*

That's a pretty crazy bike.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yah it does look pretty cool actually.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:37 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thats about the size of all the motorcycles I see here in COlombia.

Very cool bike though...I want it, too bad I don't have the cash.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Old 09-21-2007, 04:36 PM   #5
Registered Member

Anybody have an idea if (after they are restored) these are reliable and good MPG bikes?

I never realized you could get these in the US, since I've never seen one before until now, but after doing some research this looks like a good project and bike for me. Also, if you look on ebay and other craigslists, this one seems to be a bit overpriced unless it is really really nice. Since these Trail 90s are old and Hondas (the two things I really like in cars), one should be a good first bike / resto project I think.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #6
QDM
Registered Member

I have a 71 model, same as that one but without the turn signals. They are very reliable but since they are in great demand they are expensive. Gas mileage is incredible but they are slow. Don't count on more than 35 mph in a strong headwind. The big thing about these bikes is the dual range transmission. In low range they'll climb just about anything.

Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danronian View Post
Anybody have an idea if (after they are restored) these are reliable and good MPG bikes?

I never realized you could get these in the US, since I've never seen one before until now, but after doing some research this looks like a good project and bike for me. Also, if you look on ebay and other craigslists, this one seems to be a bit overpriced unless it is really really nice. Since these Trail 90s are old and Hondas (the two things I really like in cars), one should be a good first bike / resto project I think.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDM View Post
I have a 71 model, same as that one but without the turn signals. They are very reliable but since they are in great demand they are expensive. Gas mileage is incredible but they are slow. Don't count on more than 35 mph in a strong headwind. The big thing about these bikes is the dual range transmission. In low range they'll climb just about anything.

Q
Thanks for the input. I figured it would be slow as all hell, but since I live where there are a lot of rural roads, I could stay off the highway enough with it to make some use of one I think. I also would love a new restoration project that is cheaper than a car. I?ve seen quite a few on ebay and all seem to be below $1k. How much should one in need of restoration or one that is in great shape sell for?

Old 09-22-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
QDM
Registered Member

The cheapest I've seen around my area for one that runs but needs work is $500. Nice ones can go for nearly $2000. You can get Chinese made replacement engines for them that bolt right on, for cheap.

Q

Closed Thread