1991 Honda Beat on eBay - Page 13 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #121
Registered Member

DAX! Tell us some more Beat stories. You've had it for a while now. Must have some nuggets to share with us.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #122

Well, I haven't been driving it all that much these past few weeks. I'm still waiting on my title, so I really shouldn't be driving it, but I still do occasionally.

I'm in the process of replacing the rear window. I found a suitable plastic that I purchased from McMaster-Carr, but now I'm trying different adhesives. I haven't found one I liked so far, but so far I've only been playing with contact cements which tend to "melt" the PVC plastic. I think I'm going to use a strong black silicone by 3M.

Overall the car is a blast to drive. Driving by myself with the top down turns EVERY head I pass. I have had people roll down their windows at red lights and shout at me asking about the car. A few weeks ago at the vet I had to run back out to the car, and a couple in their 70's were gawking over it - I let the guy get a picture of his wife sitting in it.

I am updating my gaslog as I fill back up. It's magnificent to only pay $12 for a fillup - even if I only get around 200 miles out of it.

I'm really looking forward to getting the title so I can get a tag and not be scared to drive it. I've taken it out to a few car meets and it instantly becomes the star of the show.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:17 PM   #123
Registered Member

Cool. See I knew you'd have some stories

Looking forward to more when you get your title and can drive it more.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #124
Registered Member

beat

I've been watching these cars on Ebay. they make them sound better than new! how good are they ? are they as clean as the adds say?
love my Metro's but this car is sweet!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #125

I would probably say that Erik talks the cars up a little bit, but they're in very good shape. My car - a few dents and dings. He did not mention anything about the top having two patches on it and the back window being hazed over, and there were a few more miles on it than he originally quoted, although this last may be because it looks like he copy/pastes the listing info and slightly changes it - he may have forgotten to change the mileage.

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely LOVE my car and think I got a stellar deal on it.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:55 PM   #126
Registered Member

Looks like the Beat, and other JDM imports, may become victims of their own success. The feds are seriously looking at changing our import laws currently permitting cars 15 years and older, to 25 years. This would be in line with what the US does.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #127
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
The feds are seriously looking at changing our import laws currently permitting cars 15 years and older, to 25 years. This would be in line with what the US does.
Ouch. Really? I remember my dad stressing that his Porche 356 Kit Car had to be made more than 15 years old to be imported to this country (his is a 1987) and apparently even Kit Car parts can't be taken across the border either. What is with Canada's fear of kit cars?

Edit: my dad knows someone that purchased a Fiero that was modded into a look-alike Ferrari. It's now sitting in storage in the USA because it was made within the last 15 years. Whoops!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #128
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I like black polyurithane roofing calk over silicone, because the silicone isn't very strong, and penitrates preventing anything else from sticking.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #129
Supporting Member

Why dont you have a gaslog yet for it? Whats is the mileage on that thing?!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:55 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs View Post
Why dont you have a gaslog yet for it? Whats is the mileage on that thing?!
There is a gaslog - the car has been sold and retired though.

http://www.gassavers.org/garage/viewgaslog/322

Closed Thread