1991 Honda Beat on eBay - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by budomove View Post
Maybe you could swap out the final drive, and even some of the gears once you get a feel for it. interchangable with 4g civic tranny maybe. imagine the mpg if you swapped in an hf fd, and changed all the gears too!

DaX, the rears are 165/?/14 and the front stock is 155/?/13 according to something i forget.
Yeah, maybe a gearing change can be a future project. If I ever drop the powertrain to change the clutch or something, I will probably open the transmission just to see what it's all about. I'm familiar with the tire sizes - I'll probably put new tires on it when I get it home. I think it's neat that the set of alloys on it has two different sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83
DaX -

Congrats again. You're exchanging the Beater for the Beat. The Beater has 6 letters, but the Beat has 4 letters. The Beat has only 66% of the number of letters, so you are already saving 33% on the amount of letters you type in your posts.

And a source for parts and Soichiro Honda's blessing? How can you get any better than this?!?!?!?! I'll bet Soichiro was remembering his first Honda/motorcycle car when he approved it.

Question : Even though the revs are high, what are the revs on a typical 660cc Motorcycle? On one level the comparison isn't fair because of the weight difference, but if the motor is designed for a similar power/RPM band, then it should be ok, right? How long are motorcyle engines good for in typical usage?

Are you going to save any parts from the Beater to pass on to the Beat, or would that be bad luck? I don't know the Car-ma rules on this.

Double Plus Good!!!!!

CarloSW2
I'm really unsure how the car will act to 15 hours of straight driving at high RPM's. I'll just really have to drive it and find out. You may be right comparing it to a motorcycle. Plus the engine is behind me, so most of the noise will be washed out by wind noise (this phenomenon is familiar to me from my 914 days).

I'm really undecided on what to do with the Beater now. I may still get an insurance claim on it. If they give me money and let me keep the car, great. If they total out the Beater, fine. If I do end up keeping the car, I'll probably part it out though - my father in law could use a few parts from it (exhaust, a door, etc) and I could sell off a few other things - like the minty fresh HF tranny.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #32
Registered Member

Dax, if there's ever anything you need from the Japan Yahoo Auctions for your beat that the guy you're buying it from cant'/won't get for you, just let me know and I can have my guy over there order it for you.

You may already know this, but if you want to search the Japan Yahoo Auction for Beat stuff, this is "Honda Beat" in Japanese: ホンダ ビート

The complete "Honda Beat" search result:
http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ode=2&auccat=0

Old 02-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #33
*shrug*

I have always wondered why honda is ホンダ in japanese and not 本田 like the family name. I guess there's nothing like buying a book field to drive to work in...
Old 02-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #34

I'm only seeing question marks...hahaha
Old 02-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #35
Supporting Member

DaX, u see ?'s for the japanese characters, or all you're getting is questions about the beat?

i see squares instead of japanese.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #36

Yep, ?'s instead of Japanese characters. But I did look at the Yahoo auctions, some of them. I want the freaking hard top!!!!

Someone else on here should buy one, then we can get together and have a Beat Meet.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #37

There is a "Z" version that was offered with black paint, an LSD, and some other options like a black gage face. I found this black gage face, but it isn't the Z version, because it has a 10K redline - both reular and Z versions only have the 9K redline.

EDIT

Here's my cluster with a white face that shows only a 9,000 RPM redline.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #38
Supporting Member

i read somewhere that there were two versions.

a hard top would be awesome!
Old 02-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #39

I've spent the last hour plus combing through the Japanese Yahoo Auctions...there's tons of stuff available. Google Translate does a fair job of converting the pages to English - enough to where I can get the gist of what the auction is for.

My cluster is the white one with the 9,000 RPM redline. Another thing that makes me think I'll be ok in high RPM's is that it makes 64 horsepower at 8100 RPM...can you say high powerband?

I love my NM icon, but I'm changing it...
Old 02-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #40
Supporting Member

check out engine placement in this pic.

this one has a b18...yours will be easier to access

stock engine is like 1/3 the size

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

engine gives off free heat in the winter!

the halfshafts are so cute!

Closed Thread