Registered Member

1998 Civic HX $1500

Year: 1998
Model: Civic
Trim: HX
Mileage: 206647
Title: Clear
Transmission: 5 Speed

I bought this car back in December '12 and intended it to be my car to commute between Asheville and Hendersonville. But I currently have 4 cars and motorcycles and don't need another. It's the best model Civic for gas mileage. It's the HX trim package which can average over 50 MPG. I have given the car a 100% tune-up and the car runs awesome. It also is NOT equipped with AC from the factory.
Items I replaced:
-New exhaust manifold w/ new catalytic convertor $200
-New primary and secondary O2 sensors $200
-New rear brake drums and shoes $75
-Fresh oil/filter change $50
-New cap/rotor/plugs/plug wires $100
-New air filter $15
-New fuel filter $20
-Replaced whole exhaust system (down-pipe to muffler) $50 (was used but very good condition)
-Flushed coolant $20
-Bled brakes $10
-New battery terminals
Total:$750 (Not including any of the labor)
Other than that, the car runs really well. No check engine lights and clean interior. Good tires.
The only negative to the whole car is it spent most its life in Vermont and does have some slight body damage and rust.
The front fender had been backed into on the drivers side so I replaced the fender and bumper and the color is white and the rest of the car is red. If the car had some decent body work done, it'd be perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to hop in the car and drive it anywhere.
The car is dirty in the pictures, it was dark out and didn't have time to spray it off. Other than that if you have any questions let me know (text or call or email). I want to move the car to make way for another project. So I am kinda flexible. Marty

Old 06-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Site Team / Moderator

I have been informed that this vehicle has been sold, so I have removed the telephone number, and I'm closing this thread.

Closed Thread