'89 Metro on scrap title - $9,000 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 05:13 PM   #1

'89 Metro on scrap title - $9,000

Not my car - but that is my guess for what it will sell for.

Am I wrong? Too high? What's your guess? I may think it is worth more than it'll get, but I like Metros and this one is special.

Just a few more days and we'll find out/

'89 Geo Metro ****CUSTZOMIZED!****

Old 01-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
This is obviously part of the big collection of one-offs that GM is auctioning away to raise some cash.

Quote:

A personal project for GM Design VP, Chuck Jordan. A hot little one-of-a-kind styling exercise. Developed in conjunction with Suzuki, this small package packs a punch with dual overhead cams and multi valve engine. THIS IS A MODIFIED VEHICLE. NEITHER GM NOR BARRETT-JACKSON MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE VEHICLE, INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE VEHICLE IS NOT CERTIFIED TO COMPLY WITH ANY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS AND MAY NOT BE DRIVEN ON PUBLIC ROADS. This vehicle will be conveyed to Buyer with a "scrap" title. **TITLE IN TRANSIT**
I don't think it's worth $9,000.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #3

That it is. Heritage museum car.

That's why I think it "may" fetch $9k. In my mind that is what it is worth. In reality, it'll probably get $7k. We'll see in a few days.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
Registered Member

?????

Reality would be more like $500. since it's only good for parts. And ugly-*** color parts at that.

Jim T.

Ignorance is lack of knowing; stupidity is false logic
Old 01-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #5
Registered Member

Caveat Emptor, I heard of someone who paid a few thousand at Barrett Jackson for a "prototype" with "one of a kind prototype heads" and it turned out to be more of a battered test mule with stock heads. Barrett Jackson doesn't check out any provenances apparently, you get the same potential for misdirection and outright lies as in a dodgy craigslist ad.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
Old 01-12-2009, 06:50 AM   #6

For a few thousand more I can get a used Prius.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
That car is totally not about fuel economy or having a car to drive on the road. It's for collectors and the auction clearly states that it is not legal to drive on public roads. That's not to say that someone won't buy it intending to make it street-legal...but I doubt that such a person would otherwise buy a common economy car.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #8

NEW PARTS! It is essentially new car, a GREAT parts car to swap everything over to another car.

IT SOLD FOR $3,300!!! I would of paid that if I could of talked the wife into letting me get it. I have plenty of cars that are home built or deemed by some as non-street legal in the garage and that one it wouldn't be much to get it titled in some states (my state is one)

Closed Thread