92-95 eg Civic rear under tray - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs up 92-95 eg Civic rear under tray

I was looking for a rear diffuser for my ej Civic and stumbled upon this one instead. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genui...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
as soon as it gets warm enough to crall around on the ground I plan to take a first hand look at what that under area looks like, it's not a large area from what I remember, the passenger side has the muffler (aluminum belly pan?) so it's the side with the fuel tank filler hose that is left open, and I would think it should be pretty easy to cover up without spending $80 on a chunk of plastic, altho getting one to make kevlar copies of might be worth it.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Don't waste your money on that "JDM" piece. It's really a standard piece on all 92-95 civic VX hatchbacks. It's available from the dealers for around $40 as well. I'll have to search for the exact part number again, but don't waste your money on the ones on Ebay, it's just more people riding the JDM wave and making money from it.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
Registered Member

I called a Honda dealer parts dept. and explained the part to them. They couldn't find it under the VX or Si (figuring these two would have been the most likley candidates to have it). I referred the guy to the Ebay listing and when he looked at it he said it's strictly a JDM part and part #, and if I could get the part # he could likely get the part.

Does anyone know the part #? I've searched and can't find it. I'd buy one for $40. I think it would make a noticable difference in FE since it eliminates the air flowing directly into the bowl-shaped area bhind the rear bumper. This would seem to be a worse aero drag than the rough underbody of the car.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #5
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
the 'diffusers' for civics are worthless. they are really just holes in the bumper. if you want something that really works just cut the lower 4-6 inches off the bottom of your rear bumper. thats what i did. cutting the bumper is also better than the oem civic vx undercover because cutting the bumper reduces the wake behind the car.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared View Post
the 'diffusers' for civics are worthless. they are really just holes in the bumper. if you want something that really works just cut the lower 4-6 inches off the bottom of your rear bumper.
Did I say diffuser, I meant undertray srry.

I'd rather not cut into my rear bumper but that's just me, I like the look of my hatch as is at the moment. I'd like to make my own undertray but if I can find an oem or aftermarket piece at a reasonable price...i'm game!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
74663-SR3-H00 Cover RR. Lower VX specific part only. $38.92 before shipping at Majestic Honda

Here are pics of my VX (USDM) with said panel from the factory:

Taken from the drivers side rear of the car. The pics in the auction are from the passenger side. Hope this info helps.

It peeves me to no end when people claim something is "JDM" especially when they say it's super rare JDM. BAH!

Quote:
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #8
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
you would have to see the cuts to know that it doesnt look that bad. the pics in my thread are taken with the camera on the ground. in person you dont even notice

http://www.gassavers.org/showthread....ghlight=bumper
Old 03-10-2007, 03:50 AM   #9
Registered Member

TomO,

Thanks for the part #! I searched many hours on Honda dealer websites, but they only seem to list the part by name (rear body under cover), not by part #. I needed the part # because the place where I buy all my Honda parts (hondrparts.com) couldn't find the part in their catalog. I buy from them because they don't charge a silly "handling" charge on each order. And their shipping rates are cheaper than other dealers.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #10
Registered Member

Glad I could help out. I'll have to try out hondrparts.com and see how they are for shipping and such. Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Closed Thread