For sale 92 VX Illinois 133k - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:15 PM   #11
Registered Member

The car mechanically seems like it is worth that much, but b/c of how the outside is painted, and some of the interior, that price will be hard to fetch. Try listing it on honda-tech and you may have some more luck.

People on this site seem to stray away from modded Hondas since they usually have had a hard life. I am not one of them, since I am always looking for a good Honda to buy and sell for a profit (and sometimes they are ugly), but most here aren't like that.

Good luck with the sale!

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Old 10-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #12
Registered Member

I am currently seeking the front seats. Other than that the interior is good *rear seat needs put back in right* but other than that its little things that I could pick up here and there for little or nothing. The car is 100% stock other than the paint, always has been. No fart can, no suspension, no intake, just a cd player, paint and wheels that is it.

I hate the paint myself, and if I keep it, its getting painted. The life of this car was 150 miles a day round trip from a union brick layer for 80% of its life. The kid that bought it from him, painted it, put that ugly wing on it and put the crx wheels on it, and about 2 days later messed the engine up.

That is it. Stock suspension, exhaust, intake. The stupidity of him baffles me on the painting of things in the car.

Wish I knew why people do what they do, but this is how I got it, if someone really just wants a gas getter, than obviously the color of the paint should have ABSOLUTELY no impact on the car. Because a fuel getter is just that, nothing more. I've been looking for VX's for weeks now to base the price off of, and $2500 with a *good* body is cheap!

Anyway price is negotiable

Old 10-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
pictures of the rear brakes with the drum off would be really appreciated.

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:39 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
pictures of the rear brakes with the drum off would be really appreciated.
Ok give me till tom. I will have them, probably in the evening.

I will also have pictures of compression, a video of the car idling, running, driving, and a leak down test to prove its good to go, as well as still pictures of it with the engine in and others. That will be Sunday. But Will have yours tom., there is a guy interested in it from Min. though, but I'm still going to get you pictures.

Jerod
Old 10-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #15
Registered Member

I'm in Massachusetts so might be more feasible for Minnesota to buy it. Thanks for the pics, I am interested. You have allayed most of my fears.

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #16
Registered Member

Its not sold till I see cash. Allayed most of your fears??? Basically, I hate getting rid of this car, honestly, but I'm young and dumb and bought a WRX and love it to much to part with it. If I could afford to keep this car it would get a strip down and TOTALLY repainted white, fix the rust, get an oe Honda front lip, VX wheels, new seats, and I would drive it till it fell apart! But I can't

Will have some more pictures of the progress and what you wanted tom. night!
Old 10-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #17
Registered Member

sweet, thanks

Old 10-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #18
Registered Member

how's the video/pics coming? Lemme know what the status is. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:00 AM   #19
Registered Member

On extreme delay at the moment. The valves that i purchased were 20mm shorter than the valves that were originally in it, so I had to order OEM Honda Valves $29 each.

Anyway since the head is not done and the engine is still setting on the stand waiting on the valves I haven't got a whole lot done, but I am going in about an hour to get pics of the brake liners for you. Would you like bottom side pictures????

Honda dealer told me Tuesday, because of the Holiday, so It will be running Wednesday, I know it sounds like an excuse, but its the truth. I have 8 exhaust valves that are the wrong size for 2 different engines, and a company thats telling me that returning them will cost me 20% of their value, when its their fault not mine!

So there went 80$ down the drain!

Jerod
Old 10-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #20
Registered Member

Sorry man, that sucks. umm, just pics of the bottom of the car so I can see how rusty it is. My current VX is pretty damn rusty wherever the rust coating isn't. Like all the bolts require 24 hours of soaking in PB blaster before they'll turn. I just don't want any surprises if I decide to fly out there ya know? I am going to go over the car with a fine toothed comb because I know more about what to look for and where to look than I did with my last VX purchase. I don't want any surprises!

so if you can take pics of the brakes with the drum and wheels off that would be great - I dont' think pics of the brake lines is important.

thanks man.

Closed Thread