For sale 92 VX Illinois 133k - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

For sale 92 VX Illinois 133k

I have a 1992 Honda Civic VX with A/C for sale. The engine was just removed and gone through, there was some valve damage due to an over rev prior to me owning it, but the head has/is being professionally rebuilt with the following: New exhaust: valves, guides, seals, springs, retainers, keepers, Intake: seals, all valves have been cut and lapped to INSURE proper seat to the head. The engine has never been hot, all the bottom end tollerances are well within spec!

The plugs, wires, cap, rotor, head gasket, intake manifold gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, engine and trans oil, and air filter have all been replaced.

I am currently waiting on the head, which should be done, tom. or Wednesday, but am listing it early due to the fact that it will be for sale anyway, and give someone that is looking a chance to get it early.

There is 1 bubble spot under the fuel door, and a RUST spot on the lower passenger door sill. Other than that, there is no rust ANY where else. The paint is bright orange (that color when I got it). There is 1 dent behind the drivers door that is hard to see! and the drivers side fender and hood are dinged up, other than that it will be sold in 100% running condition, with working A/C.

Comes with CRX SI 14" alloy wheels and good tires, as well as DX 13" steel wheels with good tires as well. Some extra interior parts and a new muffler as well. Interior is nice other than a rip on each of the front seats.

Price is being based off of other VX's for sale with more mileage. If you would like more pictures or to call, shoot me an email, JSarv03@gmail.com because this is my first time on here and may forget to check my PM's.

If your very serious about it, give me a call 217 663 0767 after 3:30 Central time.

There is only 133k on it, and will have a compression and leak down done prior to sale, TOO further insure its reliability!

Any other questions feel free to call or email!
$2750 OBO

Jerod

The pictures are prior to the removal of the engine, these were taken about 2 weeks ago. Needs to go. I will guarantee that the a/c will work and will do a leak down or compression test in person if wanted.
Pictures: http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jsarv03

Old 10-01-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
Registered Member

what do the door jambs looks like? stock color or mustard orange?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:40 AM   #3
Registered Member

Black, the engine bay was also painted black.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
Registered Member

I know its ugly in color, but mechanically it is great, body wise is pretty good itself. Comes with two sets of wheels and tires...

Needs to go really. Price is negotiable.

Jerod
Old 10-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
Registered Member

wow no takers?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #6
Registered Member

Just curious, how's come you don't drive it? I'm guessing you are in a rural setting with a fair number of miles between destinations, and a high mpg car could be a real money saver.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #7
Registered Member

would love too.. can't afford to keep it at this point in my life. Luckily my place of work is 2 miles from my house, so fuel mileage is not a real concern. I would love to keep it. More or less I made a career change a few months ago (looking more toward the future rather than now, I'm pretty young so thats a hard thing to do) and took a HUGE pay cut for the time being. If it doesn't sell, I will keep it and drive it.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #8
Registered Member

If anyone cares... I will have pictures of the engine back in the car, and some video posted up on Youtube of the engine and the car driving.

If there is not interest for this price, it will be stripped, rust spot properly fixed and repainted white and sold for more obviously.

Is this not a good price for this car????? Or is it just the wrong time to sell it?

Jerod
Old 10-03-2007, 04:31 PM   #9
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
I think the history scares people off. Also, the mis match paint since they didn't paint some of the interior teal. Fixing all that stuff doesn't necessarily give assurance other damage may have been done that might not be being addressed with all the rebuilding you have done. also, like me, people may not understand car lingo and therefor don't feel comfortable pursuing something that seems to them (me) like a crap shoot because they don't understand exactly the damage done or how effective the remedy will be. We want unmolested 100% stock VXes!

I'm actually in the market for another VX because I convinced my dad he doesn't need three 7 passenger cars and can sell one of them for an efficient VX. Everyone does double takes when I tell them I get 60mpg. He is also tantalized by the high falutin' FE. The Toyota Previa I am trying to sell gets 20mpg.

That said, I might be interested if the video on You Tube makes an impression.

About the pics. car looks to be in pretty good shape. Pic 12 -- the trunk area is kind of in an unattractive state.

I'd consider $2300.

Basically my feeling is that if a bunch of stuff has already been replaced, maybe more will need to be replaced?

Here are things I'm concerned about based on my experience with VXes:

Does it idle at 500RPM or at most 550RPM?
Other than the wheels, what else is not stock?
What's with the back seats?
Have the rear brakes ever been serviced?

What's the undercarriage look like? I live in rust capital of the world. My VX is a Canada model with rust protective coating on the bottom of the car.

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #10
Registered Member

Understandable. I can give you the contact number of 3 out of the 4 prior owners. I am only friends with one but can guarantee it has never ever been in any sort of accident.

About the brakes, I don't know as I have not drove it, however, if it would make you more comfortable, I would replace them and have have the drums turned.

After its running and I acess everything and everything is a go with the engine, I will provide a warranty, not a huge one, but enough to make the buyer confortable, I have been working on Honda's for 8+ years and I'm only 23. I have done SEVERAL engine swaps, 4 rebuilds, probably 20 clutches, brakes on accords and civics, wheel bearings, you name it. Suspension the whole 9 yards.

I have also replaced more than 30 head gaskets on Honda's. (mostly for friends, but a few of my own).

I would not in any way shape or form sell a car that I would not drive. I'm a country boy, and was raised that honesty is the key to life. Why would I sell something to someone that was not good to go, when I know it would come back on me?!

I know there are scammers (Fiancee just bought an Audi 3 months ago, and all this and that was claimed to have been done to it, and I've put over 1500$ into the car since then, Not happy, but hey finding a 98 a4 black on black 2.8L v6 with an automatic is not easy.)

Anyway the point is, there will be a warranty, if you feel that something should be replaced, or you want pictures of ANYTHING I will make it happen!

The undercarriage has NO rust, it is a typical Honda undercarriage. Don't know they were different between us and can. models. Anyway, undercoating would take a day and just a few dollars. If you want pictures of the undercarriage that is fine by me.

This car, other than paint and wheels is stock. The only thing that I did leave out that I thought I put in, there is a crack in the windshield, this can be replaced as well, but if I replace brakes and windshield I cant take a penny less than $2600. The windshield would be replaced for $2500, and hopefully will be fixed by the beginning of next week, will have pictures for proof. I have not investigated the back seat, it appears as if the bolts are missing from it... Can look more into it Friday, and send pictures.

I know it sounds crazy, but I will provide a personal powertrain warranty with the car. That is how comfortable I feel about this engine!

I just can't afford another car, and only have a 5 min bicycle ride to work every morning (for now) and even if I have to go to the shop, its only 3 miles from my house, so fuel mileage is not really an issue. Just can't afford to keep it.

Closed Thread