FS 1993 Civic VX - Federal Version, Clean Title, 3rd owner, bone stock - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > For Sale
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #11
Registered Member

I would love to buy this, my only hangup is the a/c. I know it doesn't help mileage, but my commute has me sometimes stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for up to two hours... rolling down the windows in the summer feels like sticking your face in a blast furnace. The humidity is downright brutal...

Anyone have a guesstimation of how much a full a/c system would cost to install? I can probably pick up the parts fairly cheap... it's the labor I would worry about. I'm used to doing day projects, so I can install most of it myself... just would probably need someone to remove the dash to change out the cluster, etc.

deus ex machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #12
Registered Member

How To: Install A/C air conditioning in a 92-95 Civic - Honda-Tech

Thats the exact tutorial. You don't need to remove the dash. Air control module has AC button installed as well.

I've seen kits on CL for as cheap as $250. I would say that you could get everything you need for less than $500 for sure.

Here's the big news though.. Someone broke into my car a couple days ago and broke the plastics around the steering column. They drove it literally a block away and went through it and when they reallized there wasn't jack crap in there to take they just left. I came home to the police and the car with the plastics busted, the door open and it just parked up the street. Super lame but lucky its not in worse shape and that its still here at all.

Anyway, all that to say I am ready to just get rid of the thing. First person to bring me 3k cash gets the car. I'm smogging it right now and am now just trying to get rid of it.

cchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #13
Registered Member

Since the a/c system seems easy and relatively inexpensive, it sounds like I should pursue this.

Any chance you could post a pic of the new damage so I know what pieces to start looking for? Any other new noticeable damage? Had a few other questions as well, I'll PM you.

I'm definitely interested, as long as you are willing to work with me on arranging shipping. I'll cover the costs (of course), would just need you to load it up with them since the drive would be a bit far for me.

deus ex machina is offline   Reply With Quote