WTB: 94/95 Civic VX - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Took care of that other post for you, John.

As far as swapping a VX drivetrain into a non-VX chassis, it can be done, it depends on your mechanical aptitude and wiring experience. It's really no more involved than a normal swap in a Civic, mainly extra wiring will be the big issue.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #12
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerence View Post
Matt - just added myself onto the frappr map. however, i do feel kind of awkward contacting people and asking them to keep an eye out for me. hopefully some see this post and is willing to do so.
I was thinking more along the lines of YOU keeping an eye out in those areas as well... multiple craigslist searches, etc. if you found on in salt lake city, or nearby, I'd be willing to check it out and maybe even flip the bill up front (if it was affordable enough) until we could figure something out.

The one thing I know about VXs is that they sell quickly...

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to limerence
Oh. haa haa... It's all coming together now after I connected the dots. Great idea. Thanks Matt.
limerence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #14
Registered Member

Limerence, dont settle for a CX, and definitely not a DX. Have you seen the mpg numbers on a Dx? not even close to a CX or VX. If a VX is what you really want, then hold out until you find one. And you will. I finally found mines. As you see under my name, I wanted a VX or a CX, but I really wanted a VX. I've been looking for one for about 3 months and finally found one with low miles, comfortale price, and great condition(no rust or dents). Just continue to look, especially on Craigslist. I found many CXs and VXs to choose from but I waited to find the right one.
smccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 PM   #15
Registered Member

smccall - thanks for the tip. i've been perusing different websites in search of one. hopefully a clean white one comes along that is pristine. if only we all get to find gems like this one:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2009657

It was a CX but whoa... and he got it for only 3k.

My search continues....
Old 11-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #16
Registered Member

wow, that a good deal. On autotrader, there is a Honda dealership that has a clean minty white CX for $5600. It has only 70k miles on it. Very very clean too. But I'd still go for the VX which has more horsepower and slightly better gas mileage. The CX only has 70hp.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:54 PM   #17
Registered Member

yeh, few things in life are like that. more power AND better gas mileage. not sure why they discontinued it. i see CX's more frequently than VX's and as of late, with the post of VX engines, thought about buying a shell and swapping in the VX with auto tranny (i'm lazy). then i think about my wrenching skills and wake up to reality
Old 11-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #18
Registered Member

I understand, but with the auto tranny, you're not gonna get the mpg numbers of the VX. You might be between the CX and DX numbers. I did see alot of CX's when I was looking and they were tempting. There's a white one in MD that I was going to buy. It has 133k miles and he only wanted 2k for it. Great condition, no rust, A/C, really clean. I saw it on www.cars.com.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:30 AM   #19
Registered Member

I think its gone because I don't see it on there now.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:48 AM   #20
Registered Member

Yeah you're right. I dont see it on there anymore. There was a 92 VX for $1895 in Michigan, but it has 295k on it. Probably too many miles, but you could talk them down. Michael Chevrolet is the dealership that has it.