WTB: HX or VX Wheels - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Marketplace | Buy, Sell, Trade > Wanted to Buy
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2006, 04:16 AM   #1

WTB: HX or VX Wheels

SVO, now is the time to work your magic.

I'm looking for a set of VX or HX alloys. I know I have looked on here and talked to some people before, but didn't have the money at the time.

My brother's car has 18's on it. We're going to be giving the car to his girlfriend, and I don't want to burden her with having to buy 18" tires. I have decided to sell the 18's and use the money to buy a set of stock honda alloys, and what better alloys than VX or HX's?

With tires is a plus, but not necessary. I'd like to keep it under $300, because I am buying the VX/HX wheels first THEN selling the 18's, and I really don't know how much I can get for the 18's.

The wheels will need to be shipped to 30273, so we can get an idea of how much shipping is going to be.

Thanks.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I would take a look at www.car-part.com and search junkyards in your area, there was also a modle of the Mazda Miata that had what were called "hollow spoke" wheels that were 4x100 bolt pattern 14" wheels weighing around 11 pounds, also the Honda Insight has 11 pound disk-like (aerodinamic!) 14" alloy wheels with the same 4x100 bolt pattern.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

I have my VX wheels that I was going to get around to selling. They aren't in the best shape, yellowing around the lug holes, some scrapes and scratches. Tires on them are bad however. One center cap is missing.

If interested, just PM me with an offer. I could send them to you and you could pay me after you sell the 18's.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:45 AM   #4

I think Matt and Bunger are working out a deal right now...let me see how that goes first.

...and I haven't forgotten about your cat...I'll be going back down to dad's this week and pick it up for you then.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX
...and I haven't forgotten about your cat...I'll be going back down to dad's this week and pick it up for you then.
No problem, now that I have failed once, Ive got more 30 days to pass inspection. I'm not looking forward to removing the old cat. The bolts don't look like they want to be removed.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:12 AM   #6
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
No problem, now that I have failed once, Ive got more 30 days to pass inspection. I'm not looking forward to removing the old cat. The bolts don't look like they want to be removed.
Mine came right off with a breaker bar. THe stud might come with the bolt, but that's not that big of a deal.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #7
Registered Member

I still have a few sets of VX and HX wheels... the "not so good ones" I was planning on either removing all the paint and buffing them to a shine or just painting them flat black. There isn't anything physically wrong with them really, just minor curbing and nicks, etc. They are all straight and no cracks. I even have a few Rota's kicking around... some 15's and some 16's (C8's and Slips). I guess I'm a bit of a wheel *****. =)