1025 miles on it now after just one week of ownership.
- It's been a very comfortable commuter
- A/C has been adequate - some people say it sucks but so far its been great
- Transmission has adapted to me, much smoother shifting so hard to tell its a Manumatic
- The seat belt doesn't have a height adjuster, feels as though it will decapitate me. Easy fix for $3 from Autozne, Advanced etc.
- Engine cover in trunk area does get warm - FIX: I put some Dynamat insulator in to go along with the factory insulation.
On the fence
- Mileage -, I'm getting BETTER than EPA, but I do understand for a 1760lb car it should do better. I'm on the fence.
- Attention - I can't do anything wrong in this car or someone will spot me. Pick my nose, get a girlfriend (have a wife to start with), speed etc. I've had people stalk me to ask about the car - follow me to my destination, track me down in a store after I've been in there 10 minutes and this is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't mind for the most part so I put that on the fence as it could be a pro or con.
It is a cute little car. There are at least two running around me. All I have to say is it is a very tiny car. Just joking but I've seen bigger go carts.
I had to follow one while going to work about two weeks ago and it did have some good pick up between stop signs and traffic lights.
ALS - I've got a Cushman Turf Truckster that is bigger than the Smart
Lug_Nut - oh my!! AND I thought I proofread it decent DOH!!!
Three6Eight - some of my other cars that I don't list here draw a crowd but this is off the scale. There was a lady that passed me today in oncoming traffic and the look on her face was hilarious - her jaw had dropped a good 10 inches (NO Lug_Nut NO!! Don't do it! ) I thought she was going to run into the median. Went to a car show on Saturday and they came out to the parking lot to ask me if I would drive onto the show field as I was "stealing" their spectators . I went on in as I know a good amount of the people in the local car show scene. H1's don't get that much attention round here, oh how'd I love to convert one to WVO.
if its so easy to paint, take care of that unattractive and just plain odd silver... paint it red like the rest, car will look 10x better!
I LIKE the silver. Actually I am considering shooting the black part at the bottom the same color red as the car, saw someone that did that and it does look 10x better just by doing that. The silver is the roll bar/safety cage whatever you want to call it.
Before I go making modifications I need to see if I'll be keeping it or not. 4 months to decide before the next one comes in.
Glad you like it so much but . . . you sure are not breaking it in properly!
When I bought my '81 Goldwing, I was told just to keep under about 65 or so for the first 100 miles...and don't overheat. He should be fine.
Scary story...Boattail Auburn Speedsters (circa 1935) came with a little placard on the dashboard certifying that that individual car had been driven in excess of 100mph. I wonder what procedure the owners manual gave for break-in?!?
__________________ "We are forces of chaos and anarchy. Everything they say we are we are, and we are very proud of ourselves!" -- Jefferson Airplane
Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.