2009 Nissan 370Z - shorter, wider, lower, lighter - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Car Reviews
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2009, 06:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

2009 Nissan 370Z - shorter, wider, lower, lighter

It's not a hypermiler's first choice, but it's an amazing vehicle.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html
Quote:
Locked and loaded with a 332-horsepower, 3.7-liter VQ37VHR V-6 and unique "SynchroRev Match" six-speed manual
I especially like the SynchroRev function. It apparently makes heel-toe shifting unnecessary.

M

Old 01-13-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Ick. I read about that before...it does your rev-matching for you. If it can be enabled/disabled easily by the driver it's a great idea, but if it can't then it's awful. The driver should always be allowed full control of the throttle.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:28 AM   #3
Registered Member

there has always been a large group that has loved the "Z" car.

not a nissan fan but I will admit the new Zs do look a lot better than the old ones.

there again, I think metros are awesome looking so what do I know.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
Registered Member

I like that the new one's styling recalls the classic Z cars more than the previous. It's a good look.
palemelanesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:02 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Ick. I read about that before...it does your rev-matching for you. If it can be enabled/disabled easily by the driver it's a great idea, but if it can't then it's awful. The driver should always be allowed full control of the throttle.
I feel the exact same way about headlights. Why do some cars automatically turn on the headlights when you start the car? I can't stand that.

I have never been able to master the heel-toe trick. I drove an STi when I lived in Japan, and it was a big thing among rally wannabes to heel-toe. Many of my GT-R driving buddies had it down to a science. I just never got it down.

Like I said, I know this is not the hypermiler's first choice. But I watch Nissan. Their goal is total world domination when it comes to electric cars. They have already set up deals with the governments of Denmark, Portugal, Israel, and cities like Portland, OR.

M
Old 01-14-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Yeah, I agree about headlights too. I like them automatic, but only if I can turn off the automation. My truck's headlights are automatic and I can cancel them for the current session but once I turn the truck off, they reset to automatic. That gets annoying.

More recent models have a switch that can be set to the usual On/Off settings as well as Auto, so when it's set to Off they'll definitely not come on.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:19 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
This is what I am talking about... Robot overloards.......Even manual transmissions are becoming less manual.
Watch me never buy one. Thos robotic turds will never get the upper hand on me.... NEVER!!!!

Minicity is offline   Reply With Quote