Anything wrong with the 08 Honda Fit? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-02-2007, 09:57 PM   #21
Registered Member

Is the USA/CDN Fit still made in China? A guy from Honda at the 2006 Vancouver Auto Show told me the ones imported here were Chinese-made. That would be an odd thing to fib about, coming from who it did.....

1966 Peugeot 404 Coupe Injection
Mike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #22
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
Is the USA/CDN Fit still made in China? A guy from Honda at the 2006 Vancouver Auto Show told me the ones imported here were Chinese-made. That would be an odd thing to fib about, coming from who it did.....
weird... I know for a fact that my 07 was made in japan... fresh off the press... so to speak.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:00 AM   #23
Supporting Member

Send a message via Yahoo to OdieTurbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreymccoy View Post
Looking forward to those drives to Baltimore...
Hey, did you get it at Carmax in Laurel? If so I worked in Savage for 6 months, I love that area!

PS - Congrats on the new Mazda
Old 11-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #24
*shrug*

I've never heard of honda assembling anything in china, which is odd because I've read a lot of honda documents that discuss where various parts come from...mehbe I just missed it?
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey, did you get it at Carmax in Laurel?
nope - in Raleigh NC, and thanks...so far it has been a great week with the new ride, Im really enjoying it, and acheived 46mpg on a 25 mile stretch between errands, was thrilled - hoping to keep that up!
jeffreymccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #26
Supporting Member

SVOboy -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
I've never heard of honda assembling anything in china, which is odd because I've read a lot of honda documents that discuss where various parts come from...mehbe I just missed it?
I thought there was only one, but it seems like there are more :

China Authorizes Building Of Honda Auto Factory In China - Dec 4, 2002
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...16/ai_94892363
Quote:
Honda Motor Co. said it has been cleared to build a $193 million factory in China -- its second in the emerging consumer auto market of Asia's most populous country. Honda's new plant will be constructed in China's southeastern city of Guangzhou and have an annual production capacity of 50,000 small passenger cars, Honda spokesman Tetsuya Ikeda said.
Advertisement

Ikeda said the facility will build passenger cars for export to Europe and Asia. It will be the first exclusively export-oriented passenger car plant in China, with its production slated to begin in the second half of 2004, he said.

Honda will take a 65 percent stake in the new venture, while its Chinese partners, Guangzhou Auto Group Corp. and Dongfeng Motor Corp. will hold 25 percent and 10 percent, respectively, he said.

Honda is the first foreign company to have a controlling stake in an auto manufacturing venture in China, Ikeda said. Its existing factory in China is also in Guangzhou.

General Motors and Volkswagen are among other foreign automakers producing cars in China. Japan's two other major automakers -- Toyota and Nissan -- have announced plans to produce passenger cars in separate projects in China.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #27
*shrug*

Cool beans, cool beans.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #28

That "09" Fit is a much better looking car than the current generation. Does anyone know what MPG that 1.3L is supposed to get?
dletm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 PM   #29
Registered Member

I really doubt that the 1.3L will be coming to North America with the 09 Fit. The articles above were about the new JDM Fit (already on sale) which has always had a 1.3L and a 1.5L. It's a shame really because I think the 1.3 would sell OK here but it would give Honda a kind of (non-hybrid) FE halo car.

None of the Fits in Canada or the USA ever came from China, they were all made in Japan. They were exporting Fits from China to other markets because the Japan factory was busy building Fits for NA and Japan, but those exports were never to here.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #30
Supporting Member

Bennet -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennet Pullen View Post
I really doubt that the 1.3L will be coming to North America with the 09 Fit. The articles above were about the new JDM Fit (already on sale) which has always had a 1.3L and a 1.5L. It's a shame really because I think the 1.3 would sell OK here but it would give Honda a kind of (non-hybrid) FE halo car.

None of the Fits in Canada or the USA ever came from China, they were all made in Japan. They were exporting Fits from China to other markets because the Japan factory was busy building Fits for NA and Japan, but those exports were never to here.
My theory is that they nixed the Civic HX coupe because it was that kind of car, and would therefore compromise Civic Hybrid sales . The (weak?) rumor is that the Fit will be featured with a Hybrid (Honda Insight?) drivetrain at a later time, and be priced to be a "People's Hybrid".

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote