Hypermiling an SUV: A Case Study (2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor AWD, 3.8L) - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Car Reviews
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #11
Registered Member

If everyone, or a significant percentage, would just try to not use so much fuel, our country would consume billions less per year. It doesn't matter what vehicle they have.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slurp812 View Post
If everyone, or a significant percentage, would just try to not use so much fuel, our country would consume billions less per year. It doesn't matter what vehicle they have.
I agree. The seeds of change take time to grow. Telling folks to sell x and buy y or move closer to work is nice in a perfect world but.... Work with what you got and when the time is right hopefully they'll move in the right direction. Just imagine if every driver of a car got a minimum of 10% better economy this year then they did last year.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Gary (aka fool4jesus)
rh77, I am with ma4t. I just bought a 4Runner V8 and, to be honest, I love the car. What I do not love is the horrible gas mileage. I've never had a car like this before - I've always driven 4 bangers, including the last one for 16 years - so I had no idea what high gas consumption was. I found your forum looking around for answers.

I don't want to get rid of the car. However, I really do want to be the most efficient I can be, in both our cars, and I want to pass that knowledge on to my son. Working at home, I don't drive that much, so it's really a matter of being as good a steward as I can and using it as efficiently as possible. I look forward to reading the New Members thread and learning how to move my mileage into the 20's. :-)
Gary (aka fool4jesus) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #14
Registered Member

Been semi hypermiling my 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (4300# Diesel) and have picked up about 18% better mileage even with a lift, armor (did give me a much flatter bottom area and they are made of aluminum) and larger tires (they might actually help a bit because they are not huge). I just started the Key Of Coasting...bumped me from 15% to 18%... a lot of city driving. Thinking of getting a scooter for 50% of my city driving..."used" to save even more. Just have to keep searching Craigs List

2002 Air Box Mod...Air Tabs (5) on Roof...(3)each behind rear windows
Partial Grill Block with Custom Air Scoop and 3" Open Catback Exhaust
Lambretta UNO150cc 4 Stroke Scooter

DarbyWalters is offline   Reply With Quote