Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Car Reviews
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
looks like a ...

Attachment 1686

Looks like a Scion tC to me. I wonder why it has that much power but only goes 109 mph?
Attached Images

JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
Attachment 1686

Looks like a Scion tC to me. I wonder why it has that much power but only goes 109 mph?
Most all modern vehicles are speed limited.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #13
Registered Member

yup, my s10 has a fuel cutoff at 96mph. if u hit that it shuts the fuel off and u just coast till you cycle the key off and then restart the car
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Wow. I'm surprised they did it that way. Modern overspeed fuel cutoff just cuts fuel until you've lost a few mph then comes back on. The way your S10 is, I imagine they worry about lawsuits from people who had no power steering or power brakes at 96mph. Or does your S10 not have power steering and power brakes? I vaguely remember you posting something to that effect...
Old 02-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #15
Registered Member

it does but really theres no reason to go 96mph...since its a 4 banger it takes ALOT of effort to get up to that speed...im not 100% sure ti shuts off till u cycle the key but hows it gonna restart if u push the clutch in...

a video i found quick of a stock s10 on a dragstrip yielded 18.90 at 72.52mph in the 1/4....
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #16
Registered Member

Yeah the CVT probably can't handle that much power for too long.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:58 AM   #17
Registered Member

The Toyota system isn't 100% by wire. The pedal is connected to the hydralic system. Except for that occasional time you feel the regen switch to friction, it feels like traditional brakes. I believe a portion of complaints are from people who didn't bother to read the manual. They probably complained about, ignored, or simply didn't notice the other noises made by the braking and other system system.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:35 AM   #18
Registered Member

Actually from what I heard in the news the brake problem was related to the ABS software where it didn't work well in wet or bumpy road conditions. I can tell you that when the battery fully charges on regen energy and suddenly stops braking when only pressing lightly on the brake pedal it is a little bit of a surprise - all you have to do is press a little further and the mechanical brakes activate. But apparently the mechanical brakes are being affected by the ABS system and not working so well. I guess if they were hypermilers they wouldn't have a problem.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:44 AM   #19

Toyotas?fords?

Hello all,
The recent snafus by Toyota and Fords puters not responding to the relays correctly...is a polarity reversal of the relays...confusing the puter...no algarythm for that event.
This same scenario has happened in some Ford explorers/pickups as far back as 2002....with cruise control.

As far as steer by wire...not in my most stupidly drunken state of mind...and I do not appreciate them coming at me/passing me at 60 mph...makes me really wonder what lame brain...thought they could deny static electrial build up ..."white noise" ...occurs when weather patterns of high negative ion concentration...those bone chilling breezes...not the warm ones.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #20
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
The Toyota issue was not electronic. It was a friction device in the gas pedal designed to make it feel more like a cable throttle than an electronic device.