Some promising numbers from a Jeep Patriot! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

Some promising numbers from a Jeep Patriot!

My Jeep is new, 900 odd miles on the odometer(it was in Wisconsin, driven to the dealership in MI and then from there to my house, accounting for the 600 or so other miles). It was delivered to me on Tuesday of this week and this is what I came up with for mileage so far. These figures were not backed up by my ScanGauge because that is still in my Nissan truck.

First Tank - 205.0 miles, 86.4 around town and the rest on I-75 between Sault Ste Marie and Gaylord, MI. 7.50 gallons of gas for and average of 27.33.

Second Tank - 110.2 miles, all highway, at speeds from 55 to 65, from Gaylord back to Sault Ste Marie. Temps were 48 to 52 with some rain showers and winds out of the west at 15 mph. 3.08 gallons for an average of 35.78!

Yeah, I know it wasn't measured with the ScanGauge and it wasn't a long tank, but Yikes! Especially considering the engine is not broken in yet! I think I'm gonna be happy with this little SUV.

dm1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
Registered Member

What's wierd is I'm hearing people with the Patriot seeming to get better figures than the Caliber. Dunno what the Cd of the Patriot is, doesn't look like it would be good, but the Caliber is .38 going on 40 with any dressup on it.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
Registered Member

Sounds pretty good. Do you have the 5 speed or the cvt tranny,2wd or 4wd?
Old 10-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
Registered Member

Those are really nice numbers.

I remember my family renting a Jeep Grand Cherokee a couple of years ago, the thing ate gas so fast I could see the needle drop.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
Registered Member

Sorry about leaving out some info, I have a 5spd with AWD. I would think the cd is even worse than a Caliber since the Patriot is boxier. I have the 25D version with no options at all. No cruise control, no power windows or locks, no power moon roof, etc.

One big difference between the Patriot and the Caliber is that I think the Caliber only comes with the CVT.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #6
Registered Member

I think the Caliber gets a 5 speed with the 1.8 motor.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to occupant Send a message via AIM to occupant Send a message via Yahoo to occupant
I would drive either if it were given to me. Otherwise I'll stick with cheap older cars. Just don't see the economic value in driving a brand new car regardless of how high the gas mileage rating is.
occupant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #8
Registered Member

My last two tanks were roughly 29 mpg for a highway trip down to Petoskey and 24 mpg for a tank that was all city driving. For a vehicle with 2400 miles on it and using winter blend fuel that is pretty good. No problems with snow either, all the places I was using 4wd in last year have been easily negotiated.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 AM   #9
Registered Member

Winter Sucks!

Well, at least for mileage. My last tank was 170 odd miles and 9 point something gallons (my log is in the Jeep) for an average of 18.1 mpg. It was all city driving over a 2.5 week period. The warmest day here was 25, most days have been in the single digits and we had 4 that didn't get above zero. While 18.1 mpg isn't that good it is a lot better than the 8-10 mpg I was getting last winter with my Nissan P/U. Same size engine, both had a 5 spd and the trucks weigh about the same. The Nissan only had about 86,000 miles on it.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #10
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Now that you've had it a while and put some miles on it...How is it besides the winter mileage? Have you written any reviews of it?