2nd Fill Up - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Motorcycles
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2007, 07:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

2nd Fill Up

Well I updated my gas log on the Ninja 250. I squeeked out 76mpg this time. This is a real fun bike to ride around on.

korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Registered Member

Yeah, my brother had one of those. Those engines like the high rpms .

jwxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
Registered Member

Nice. How hard were you trying this time around and have you done anything to it (FE wise)? Hey you need to move it into the motocycle top ten list.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #4
Registered Member

I don't really try that hard with the bike. I did go WOT about 3 times this time around. The bike is definatly fast enough to get out of the way. I need to get a new sprocket to lower the cruising RPM's. I can porb get about 80mpg then. But im still new to motorcycle's so I am going to leave it alone for now.

korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:51 PM   #5
Supporting Member

niiiiiice
Old 05-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
Supporting Member

hey i want to see some pics of this thing so i know what to look for on the streets
Old 05-27-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
there are devices avalible, mostly for dirt bikes, but it's a vane of sorts that fits in the opening of the carburator, so that at a quarter or half throttle opening, it's not just the throttle slide that is creating that sized opening, but this vane blocking off the rest of the unused part of the opening next to the throttle slide to help keep the air velosity higher, apparently giving better low end torque, it's a simaler idea as a multi barrle carburator, altho I can't remember what this product is call, nor can I find something like it on the internet.
I've also read about what basicly is a computer muffen fan in your air box to keep the air presure higher, only the fan doesn't have a motor, it just spins from the air entering, of course as the air enters in pulses the fan helps to build presure between pulses, but I wonder what would happen if you just installed a small fan and ran it off the battery, low presure electric super charger kind of thing.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:16 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey4mnhs View Post
hey i want to see some pics of this thing so i know what to look for on the streets
While user pics are always cool, it is listed on the Kawasaki website.
GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey you need to move it into the motocycle top ten list.
If you goto your garage and select "edit", under "type", select motorcycle instead of gasoline .

jwxr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:47 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
I've also read about what basicly is a computer muffen fan in your air box to keep the air presure higher, only the fan doesn't have a motor, it just spins from the air entering, of course as the air enters in pulses the fan helps to build presure between pulses, but I wonder what would happen if you just installed a small fan and ran it off the battery, low presure electric super charger kind of thing.
These motorless fans have been independently tested to give absolutely no benefit in a motorcycle. They are also quite expensive if I remember correctly (somewhere around $100).

Even a relatively small motorcycle engine like the 250 Ninja in the post uses way more air than could be supplied by a small fan. Basically you would be just adding restriction to the intake which breeds inefficiency.

But perhaps from a mileage standpoint restriction would equal greater fuel mileage?

An interesting factoid, some members of my motorcycle forum have found that by putting in high compression pistons (of course for greater performance) their mileage has significantly increased. I imagine this is due to more efficient combustion.

BisbeeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote