Got a Ninja 250!!! - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by korax123 View Post
Bike size doesn't really matter it's the skill of the rider. I have heard of a lot of stories of great riders on 250's beating bigger bikes in the twisties.
I would agree. Ive had several TZ 250's when I was younger. IE why I liked my RZ's sooooo much.

psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:56 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyshack View Post
I use to have fits with the Ninja 250 riders. It seemed like it was there mission in life to pick fights with my RZ 350. They would have them all modd'ed out. Just had to try and beat the RZ. None of them ever did be it in straights or cornering. Last one to challenge the RZ hit a pole in off camber increasing radius turn. Kinda felt sorry for the guy. But he had been warned by three other riders on the ride that day. They were all on 1 liter bikes or bigger. The little Kaw. rider just didnt understand how fast the RZ was and how good of a rider I was.

I hope you have a good time on the little Ninja. They are soild little bikes.

psy

....Nobody ever realized how fast the Yammie 350's were, and then when the RZ's came along...Well, enough said. I had a bunch of Yammie 350's starting from R1's up to R3's...and on to the RD's
I always wanted to build a Street legal TZ350 or a TR3. I used to go to Wentzville Mo, almost every month to the WERA events.....Did someone tell me your from Kansas?.......I wonder if we know each other?

Regards Sonny

SonnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
How hard did you try for that 77 mpg? I'm still wondering about a cbr 125 or the ninja 250 for my perspective bike...hopefully I can make some money in japan and not just spend it all,
I didn't try super hard or anything. But im a pretty conservative rider / driver. I usually shift around 7k or so sometimes 9k if there are cars comming. But when I first start the bike I let it idle for about 1 min then shift @ 4k or so until the engine gets a little warmer. I can get a different front sprocket and make the cruising RPM's go down so I can get better MPG but I don't know how much better.

korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyD View Post
....Nobody ever realized how fast the Yammie 350's were, and then when the RZ's came along...Well, enough said. I had a bunch of Yammie 350's starting from R1's up to R3's...and on to the RD's
I always wanted to build a Street legal TZ350 or a TR3. I used to go to Wentzville Mo, almost every month to the WERA events.....Did someone tell me your from Kansas?.......I wonder if we know each other?

Regards Sonny
We shouldn't be talking Yamahammers in this thread... But what the hey,,, right.

I never owned any of the early R's. I did have RD 250 in Dayton color, RD 350's. The 350's where fun. But then the mighty RD 400's came about. I had a red 400 and a dayton. Then I saw the rd 350lc's sold over seas. Started praying,,,, and praying for one. Then came RZ. I bought the first one in Ft. Smith, Ar. And then bought a RZ500 out of a depot in Miss. still in the crate.

I would gladly relive those years in my life. Just to Hammer the best light weights ever made again. Now that Im older I want a Strat.
psyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #25
Registered Member

wrong topic
SonnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #26
Registered Member

77mpg is really good! I am looking forward to seeing what the bike can get in a variety of conditions.

You are tempting me into getting one too. I am sure it would be fun to ride one.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #27
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflipjr View Post
77mpg is really good! I am looking forward to seeing what the bike can get in a variety of conditions.

You are tempting me into getting one too. I am sure it would be fun to ride one.
Yea but you can only ride a few months out of the year. Thats why AZ is so nice I can ride all year it's just putting up with the heat thats going to be killer. The 100 degrees isn't bad bt the 110 or 115 prob won't be fun.

korax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:44 PM   #28
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to crabbyman
I have always wanted a motorcycle..this just makes me want a 250....sooo bad!
crabbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:09 PM   #29
Registered Member

Get the 125. Start a new trend!
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by korax123 View Post
Yea but you can only ride a few months out of the year. Thats why AZ is so nice I can ride all year it's just putting up with the heat thats going to be killer. The 100 degrees isn't bad bt the 110 or 115 prob won't be fun.
I figure 40degree temps would be as low as I would want to ride in (This is about as cold as I ride my bicycle in). You don't have to worry about rain so much is AZ either . I know if I rode a motorcycle regularly I would inevitably get caught in the rain.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote