HHO Generator Problem - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > HHO and Hydrogen
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2009, 02:19 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
It almost seems like people are PROUD to throw good oil away.
You mean with excessive oil changing?

Old 05-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #12
Registered Member

the best I used to get was 30mpg and the best I have gotten so far is a touch over 40 though it was kind of sketchy. the best I feel like I have gotten consistently is 37-38. the EPA for my car is 25. that is a significant increase and most of my stuff is fairly inexpensive and usually laying around my garage.

what does the sidewall of your tires say? some are actually 35psi for the max. mine are 51 which I keep my tires at 45 or so. that's 75 cent at the gas station (free at sheetz). I also did a grill block and used plexi glass. $12 for a small sheet of it at lowes if you don't already have it. I also did a WAI (warm air intake) I have about $10 in that one.

I also bought a scangauge $160. that was a big one but it gives you a real time mpg meter along with other things. it won't work on your 1986 vehicle since it isn't OBD2 compliant. that started in 1996.

all in all, most everything I have done has helped my mileage. the things that didn't help. extended air dam and aero hub caps. the air dam was probably my fault because I made it too long and the hub caps even though they didn't help, they look cool (to me anyway)

I know that a lot of people talk about the HHO stuff and how much it works. there is even an advertisement on this site that says DOUBLE YOUR MILEAGE. I have yet to see any one modification give more than about 30% increase. and that is everything from pulse and glide, to aero modifications, and even major engine mods.

I guess if you take a V8 car and put a 4 cyl in it, you may be able to do it.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
You mean with excessive oil changing?
Yes. Guys BRAG about changing oil at 3000 or even less- as if they're doing their engines such a huuuuuugggee favor. All they're doing is wasting time, wasting oil, and needlessly putting filters into the landfill.

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I have a whole spiel that I give when I see people turning oil superstitions into a religion. I think the best part of it is when I ask if they've ever sent a car to the junkyard wishing they had used more expensive oil/changed the oil more often, or if they even know someone who has suffered consequences from properly following the car manufacturer's schedule/specification.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #15
Registered Member

Oil.

1. Using a 'synthetic blend' is the oil equivalent of voting for John McCain over Barak Obama.
You want the real deal.

Synthetic Blend is a way to sell oil. It is just marketing to the ignorant. Blend is a bit better than good old dinosaur juice but nowhere near as good as a real synthetic oil.

2. Oil changes.
The reason to change oil is because it is dirty and the chemical additives that make it work the way the engine engineers want it to work, have worn-out.

Regardless the oil you use, filtration is critical. Use the filter that removes the itty-bittiest particles and allows the most flow for the longest time.

Using extra filtration (by-pass) and adding oil when filters are changed is enough to allow extended mileage and time between oil changes, when oil condition is confirmed by oil analysis.
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I have a whole spiel that I give when I see people turning oil superstitions into a religion. I think the best part of it is when I ask if they've ever sent a car to the junkyard wishing they had used more expensive oil/changed the oil more often, or if they even know someone who has suffered consequences from properly following the car manufacturer's schedule/specification.
I can't reconcile this with recommending to someone a 1000 mile change interval?

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
I can't reconcile this with recommending to someone a 1000 mile change interval?
As I posted in that thread just now, he has a particularly odd situation.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:55 AM   #18
Registered Member

Re: HHO Generator Problem

New member here and a lots of stuff to go through!
Can anyone tell where to buy rubber O-rings for the Mason jar lids?
Thank you!
danamco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #19
Registered Member

Hardware store, grocery, supply house for people who do their own canning
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:13 AM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Your problem is that HHO is junk. Take it out and throw it away. Chalk it up to experience. Don't do it again.
Well I'd have to agree that it's junk. But that's mostly because your using a mason jar.
With HHO you will have an overall system power loss, which it the reason many "naysayers" point to. The possibility for greater eff comes from better combustion. This requires a good amount of HHO, which requires a good amount of electric which = big alternator load. To give this system a chance of working in your favor you need to make a high eff cell. Which can't be done in a mason jar... though it could be done with 7 or 8 jars...

How did this become a thread about oil changes... On that topic; I use full synthetic (cheapest I can find) and change it every 10k or so, but it leaks oil, so I top it up with about 4qt in that time period.

Dr. Jerryrigger is offline   Reply With Quote