PWM question...experts please?? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > HHO and Hydrogen
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

PWM question...experts please??

Hey guys,

I am a total noob to HHO and have bought a drycell kit which did not come with a PWM. Now while I understand the basics of PWM I am not really sure of its operation since PWM let you adjust (beside amps) voltage and frequency. I dont get what adjusting voltage and frequency does?? Can someone be so kind to explain exactly what a PWM does and what the proces of adjustment is?

Also I am seeing a lot of PWM being sold on ebay for HHO purposes with a amp rating of say "30 amps" does that mean that is the maximum amp draw one can achieve? or is that for something different? My drycell is rated at 7-10 LPH of HHO gas production and I do not want to go over 60 amps what PWM should I purchase?? Thanks!

mobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobman View Post
Hey guys,

I am a total noob to HHO and have bought a drycell kit which did not come with a PWM. Now while I understand the basics of PWM I am not really sure of its operation since PWM let you adjust (beside amps) voltage and frequency. I dont get what adjusting voltage and frequency does?? Can someone be so kind to explain exactly what a PWM does and what the proces of adjustment is?

Also I am seeing a lot of PWM being sold on ebay for HHO purposes with a amp rating of say "30 amps" does that mean that is the maximum amp draw one can achieve? or is that for something different? My drycell is rated at 7-10 LPH of HHO gas production and I do not want to go over 60 amps what PWM should I purchase?? Thanks!
A PWM is to adjust the amount of current or ampege drawing from your Cell, for example, if you run your cell without a PWM and added too much electrolyte, your cell will heat up and start melting connectors or start to boil the water. Ideally is around 18 amps drawing from your cell. Most people use 30 amp PMW unless you drive a truck.
pdai11 is offline   Reply With Quote