coasting down hills? or speeding down them? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project84 View Post
Using a SGII this is what I've found works best for my car (which is nothing like yours).
I got 45mpg in an automatic sl2 with a warm air intake, (which came through the resonator hole(left side of air intake box, plugged original hole and moved air temp sensor) in a thinner tube than the stock airbox offered for an inlet, I think this was tricking my map sensor and my ait sensor, because I was choking the air from the engine.. my 5sp thou, needs alot of air and less of a warm air intake because of shifting into first gear, and the torque/grab ect needed for proper take offs... automatics do this for you..

I may be wrong about the torque/grab thing, but when i drive in only city condition with my warm air intake and 5spd combo its alot harder to get going, this may be sympotmatic of my car and the performance clutch that came in it possibly wearing the synchros of the 200k 5sp tranny im using... so who knows, this 5sp vs automatic warm air intake worn tranny vs new tranny thought needs to be explored more, anyone have any thoughts on this?

this may just be grab point changing and me not being used to it... but this is definately alleiviated when im not going uphills and have less weight in the car, higher psi.. arg whatever

spotaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote