Hypermiler.... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hypermiler....

I strive to get the best mpg possible, without sacrificing safety, or comfort. I don't use AC much at all, never did. I have a decent car stereo, 2 amplifiers, 6 speakers, and I use them. I try not to be too annoying on the road, but i don't exceed 60mph regardless of speed limit. I have coasted through a few stop signs, but only way out in the sticks, where it is clear that there aren't any cars for miles around. Should I consider myself a "hypermiler"?

Old 05-23-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
Supporting Member

yup now you just need to fine tune that into a gassaving machine! i saw that your #'s have jumpd 10mpg so thats pretty good so yeah i would say so

Old 05-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slurp812 View Post
I strive to get the best mpg possible, without sacrificing safety, or comfort. I don't use AC much at all, never did. I have a decent car stereo, 2 amplifiers, 6 speakers, and I use them. I try not to be too annoying on the road, but i don't exceed 60mph regardless of speed limit. I have coasted through a few stop signs, but only way out in the sticks, where it is clear that there aren't any cars for miles around. Should I consider myself a "hypermiler"?
It's based only on % over EPA estimate. Here's a discussion on it. Keep working at it you will be there soon enough.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote