Old 05-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
Supporting Member

Hypermilers in the news

On my local news website...

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6581876

davidjh72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
It's good to see more people in the state I live in doing this. Once more people start to hypermile, it might be easier to help the non-hypermilers (or guzzlers) realize that it's not polite to ride the hypermilers' behind and swear and finger gesture at them. But this will all take some time.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
It's good to see more people in the state I live in doing this. Once more people start to hypermile, it might be easier to help the non-hypermilers (or guzzlers) realize that it's not polite to ride the hypermilers' behind and swear and finger gesture at them. But this will all take some time.

You saw the MetCon Semi nearly rear end *me*(I'd say within 5 feet as I could read the reg numbers on his license tabs ) then flip me off as he did a half pass and pushed me onto the shoulder this afternoon didn't ya ? My cruise was on 55 and I was riding the right hand ridge !!! There is no "realization" or "politeness" when they mess with your life
...To H-E -Double Hockey Sticks with Mn Nice!!! ....*fuming*
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
Supporting Member

Michigan drivers are no better... just yesterday I was enjoying a drive on the freeway at 60 MPH... road to myself... except for a pickup from a few seconds back. I took my eyes away from the rearview mirror for a couple seconds and he was right on my bumper. Passing lane is empty for miles, next exit at least 2 miles ahead. I slowed to 55... then 50. He didn't get a clue. 10 seconds is enough of this. I brake-checked him a bit. 5 seconds later he - without signaling of course - whips his badboy truck into the left lane and gets right up to my door. I slow to about 40, he eventually gets by and without signaling, yanks his truck back into the lane in front of me.

IDIOT!!!!!!!! Had he simply gone around me at 80+ when he had the chance, this wouldn't have happened.

Why do people have to tailgate in the SLOW lane, with plenty of opportunity to pass? They think I'm going to speed up? Not a chance! If I speed up, he'll be on bumper going faster, l just like he wants. If anything, I'll slow down. If this goes on more than 10 seconds and no exit lane approaching and the other lane is free... brake check!

Like Yosemite Sam says on some trucks mudflaps with guns drawn... BACK OFF!
davidjh72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #5

Exactly the point ! I saw him coming for at least a mile and a half , the passing lane was clear and yet I'm the bad guy .
I know I'm not alone ...but I just don't get the point of the dreaded Road Rager's . In fact this was *my* first experience like this & I've been driving for 25 years .
The great thing is my commute was a 44.9 mpg drive ! I also had a Big 4x4 pick up drive behind me for better than 10 miles and finally passed me after the exit . Got a thumbs up as I coasted by at the stop light(yes I had the green light) ...that made it better .
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
Tuggin at the surly bonds

As the penguin "Skipper" in Madagascar says: "Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave"
Old 05-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #7
Registered Member

maybe he was trying to draft you?

Nah, bet he was yakking on a cell phone.
bzipitidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:28 PM   #8

Nope - One hand on the wheel and one finger on the opposite hand clearly in view .
Old 05-30-2007, 06:14 PM   #9
Registered Member

Hmm, it said most drove hybrids. Yea most are kicking our gas only asses, but I see most on here are gas only drivers? I, here in Ohio also get people who ride on my my *** even when the passing lane is clear. I don't provoke them. I just keep at my 60 mph limit in a 65 mph zone. What I think is funny is how they will follow me for several miles, then after getting all frustrated, they blast past me and give me dirty looks. I just keep going 60 mph no matter what. Many seem to drive like zombies, especially people on cell phones. Not realizing they they are following you and you ate driving under the limit. Then it seems they wake up, and mash the pedal. Some woman passed me while I was coasting to a stop sign she got in front of me just in time to stop. Then she caught the next stoplight, and I pulled up really close and a bit left so she could see me in her side mirror, just to show her that her move got her nowhere really but in front of a slow *** driver. And of course I just sat there with a **** eating grin on my face. (ooops I cant cuss on here!)