Hypermiling as a business opportunity? - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-30-2008, 04:01 AM   #21
Registered Member

As I mentioned on another thread, the great majority of Americans are not car enthusiasts and have not a clue how a car really works..

Knowledge is power and we here are developing knowledge that will only become more powerful as the price of gas increases.

Wazabi Owner's comment about selling scangauges through a short demonstration is telling..

How about "Scangauge parties", kind of like "Tupperware parties"?

89 Yamaha FZR400 Crotch rocket, semi naked with only the bikini fairing, no lowers, 60 plus mpg

87 Ranger 2.3 5spd.. Does not currently run..
fumesucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:47 AM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
I don't want to be liable for some woman whose car has overheated trying to get better gas mileage or has damaged her vehicle by cutting off the engine and her transmission melts out of her minivan because they didn't do their research first to see if it would work for their vehicle. I could see a lot of shortcomings to trying to do something like that.
Yeah that's what has held me back is the liability...

Like Engine Off coasting, I can see folks getting in a collision because they failed to properly manhandle the steering wheel or maybe they failed to realize they couldn't pump the brakes without total loss... Or they took a turn too fast or suffered from heatstroke due to closed windows and not using a/c or any some such bs.

If it wasn't for things like that this crap would've been out there like wildfire by now.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:53 AM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumesucker View Post
As I mentioned on another thread, the great majority of Americans are not car enthusiasts and have not a clue how a car really works..

Knowledge is power and we here are developing knowledge that will only become more powerful as the price of gas increases.

Wazabi Owner's comment about selling scangauges through a short demonstration is telling..

How about "Scangauge parties", kind of like "Tupperware parties"?
That's a great idea! Scangauges aren't that hard a sell on gearheads b/c the offer such a broad spectrum of monitoring PLUS a code scanner. I've been telling everyone I know about my scangauge. My family thought I was nuts until I just happened to have them all sitting in my living room this Memorial day when Fox News Channel ran a story on the Scangauge! They were amazed!