Scangauge came in! Questions about DFCO, neutral and throttle control - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Hypermiling
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2008, 05:48 AM   #11
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
the AVG gauge is an X-gauge function where he uses a trip as a gauge. go to the website and read up on the X-gauge function and the add-a-gauge function. they are neat. that is also where he got the o2 sensor readings.

X-gauge codes are long and take a lot of time to put in but they are worth it. not being a computer guy, it may take me longer than some but I still got it done.
Yes, That is exactly what I've done. I programmed the cumulative current tank mileage as a gauge and named it AVG. The O2 sensor readout is also an xgauge. It took about 5 minutes each to program them into the Scangauge. Hopefully after finding out about the Cutoff value last night maybe SG will detect DFCO properly now, and my AVG readings will be more accurate.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #12
Registered Member

I've heard that some manuals didn't include the CUTOFF information because it was a last-minute addition to the gauge so it may not even be in your manual. I believe the scangauge website has the updated manual if you want to see it for yourself.

I have my Tank Avg MPG and Current Trip MPG programmed in. The gauges I use for daily (non-testing) drives are instant MPG, coolant temp, throttle position, and Avg Trip MPG.

Don't be surprised if it takes 2 or 3 tanks of using the SG to get it calibrated (it took me 2 tanks) so what the SG says agrees with the actual results at the pump. Couldn't have got my 43mpg tank without it.

My 5 pillars of fuel efficiency:
  • driving style
  • aerodynamics
  • tires
  • weight reduction
  • engine maintenance
azraelswrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #13
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azraelswrd View Post
I've heard that some manuals didn't include the CUTOFF information because it was a last-minute addition to the gauge so it may not even be in your manual. I believe the scangauge website has the updated manual if you want to see it for yourself.

I have my Tank Avg MPG and Current Trip MPG programmed in. The gauges I use for daily (non-testing) drives are instant MPG, coolant temp, throttle position, and Avg Trip MPG.

Don't be surprised if it takes 2 or 3 tanks of using the SG to get it calibrated (it took me 2 tanks) so what the SG says agrees with the actual results at the pump. Couldn't have got my 43mpg tank without it.
I did download the PDF file for the SGII w/ xGauge and it does not mention cutoff...

-Jay

Old 08-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
Registered Member

My physical manual does have the section about the cutoff. It also had the section about the X-gauge and I was able to program the Current trip mpg, which is helping a lot more than the instantaneous mpg. I also found the Rate function and set it to Fast, but I'm not sure how much that's helping.

I'll definitely start using the fill-up function...but since getting the scangauge, it'll take more miles than usual to get down to 1/4 tank...
Old 08-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #15
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAteam View Post
My physical manual does have the section about the cutoff. It also had the section about the X-gauge and I was able to program the Current trip mpg, which is helping a lot more than the instantaneous mpg. I also found the Rate function and set it to Fast, but I'm not sure how much that's helping.

I'll definitely start using the fill-up function...but since getting the scangauge, it'll take more miles than usual to get down to 1/4 tank...
I know how that is... I usually fill when the opportunity for cheap gas presents itself. I usually only buy 1/2 tank because if I wait longer I may not have cheap gas around when I need it.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #16
Registered Member

Hmmm... well that sucks the downloadable manual didn't mention CUTOFF. Someone's slacking off in Linear Logic!!!! Just kidding.

• driving style
  • aerodynamics
  • tires
  • weight reduction
  • engine maintenance
Old 08-05-2008, 06:13 AM   #17
Registered Member

Just in case someone ever does a search, I've got a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer and my speedometer stopped working. I joined the cleanmpg forums and they said LinearLogic will send a different cable to people that are having that kind of issue. It also seems common in Hyundai cars too.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #18
Registered Member

My Scanguage came yesterday, gotta get it hooked up for the big trip to Brainerd for the drag races this weekend. I'm as excited as when I got my Atari for christmas when I was a kid!

Greyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #19
Registered Member

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showt...t=14513&page=2

A similar discussion on issues with the SGII. You may need the connector with all pins attached (as suggested on cleanmpg) which you can get after you call Linear Logic and tell them about your issues with the SG.

• driving style
  • aerodynamics
  • tires
  • weight reduction
  • engine maintenance