Teach me how to drive White Trash - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Stay true to the Game!

Teach me how to drive White Trash

OK I filled up White Trash for the first time today. I got about 45 MPG. Any suggestions? I was surprised that the SG2 was more accurate than the on board MPG indicator.

popimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
Registered Member

whatvehicle is white trash, and what was the difference between scangauge and factory trip meter?

the less throttle you give, the more mileage you get!
hi tech hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

off topic: I find it hilarious that a hillbilly responded to whitetrash question.

Hillbilly, if you click on "White Trash" under his Avatar, you'll find that it's the Prius.

Popimp, it says you're getting an average 48mpg historically, so what have you done differently?

RningOnFumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:51 AM   #4

switch your scangauge to read load on one of the displays try to drive at the lowest load that will maintain speed. One more thing Cruise control is robbing you of MPG... They maintain speed with no regard to milage, it's best to pedal it unless you are on flat ground. Coast whenever you can. I think these little changes will bump your milage a bunch.
Philip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #5
Stay true to the Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RningOnFumes View Post

Popimp, it says you're getting an average 48mpg historically, so what have you done differently?
Well I added an Engine Block heater and I'm using Cruise Control. The car didn't come with it originally. On the highway CC just works better for me. On my van I can get better MPG not using it, but for some reason the computer is better at it with this Prius. Wayne at CleanMPG wrote an article saying that CC worked good for him.

CC has never worked for maximizing FE in any other automobile I have ever been behind the wheel of but this full assist to forced charge cycle stopped almost immediately afterwards? I was able to maintain the iFCD in the 75 mpg range on the flats as well as see a number of 5-minute bars at 75 + mpg without any effort other then holding a very slow and low load speed while RR under CC. Whenever I would run a hill, I would dis-engage CC and speed up a touch coming into the trough, DWL up, Warp stealth down and re-engage CC as soon as my previous speed target was reached. I do not know why it worked but it did and that is all I cared about I have no idea as to the inner workings of the SoC algorithm but CC at 48 mph settled the cycle down and yielded darn good FE while traversing the flatter sections. Saying the Prius-I exceeded my expectations would be an understatement.

popimp is offline   Reply With Quote