Did the owner of the app.. - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-01-2022, 02:24 PM   #21
Registered Member

Just renewed!

Was able to renew today! Also looking forward to seeing what the updated app will look like that will be coming out...

kirkalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 11:21 AM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjjubb1989 View Post
I'm disappointed that the app doesn't have any subscription anymore. It'd be nice if the owner of the app could just release a new version with one line of code refactored so Apple is happy.

I am building my own version of Fuelly right now that will eventually be on the app store, but I'm stuck at coming up with a name.

I will be supporting cloud backup, but you have to pay a monthly or annual subscription (cloud hosting and apps aren't free to host), though it will be a small amount. On your device, I will allow premium features that only uses your local storage and does not sync with my backend services.

If the owner of this app does somehow come back from his hiatus, I would very much prefer to use your good app instead of reinventing the wheel and deal with Apple's software developer bureaucracy, but I am a software developer and it's nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

I love this app and it is sad to see that it is unmaintained. I obsessively have kept track of my fuel costs with this app since before it bought (Gas Cubby?).
sjjubb1989, I, for one, would welcome your efforts. The Fuelly brick wall should be taken down like the Berlin Wall was!

Be sure to provide for import of data from csv and other forms. I'd be happy to buy an app, but I'm not interested in subscriptions; I can do my own backups, but to each his own. Cross platform use would also be critical.

RAF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:22 PM   #23
Registered Member

Fuelly is when people stop using it altogether.
Mehra2343c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 12:23 PM   #24
Registered Member

Lol and here I was thinking i was the only per Using the app. Been using it for years but now I see why there’s never been an update.
wuaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:16 PM   #25
Registered Member

It seems to me that today it is not a problem to find the necessary software for any need. In a pinch, it can always be ordered from software developers. However, you will have to pay for this.
Hank_Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 12:48 PM   #26
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkalm View Post
Was able to renew today! Also looking forward to seeing what the updated app will look like that will be coming out...
Glad to hear that you were able to renew your vehicle! As for the updated app, it's always exciting to see what improvements and new features developers have in store. Keep an eye out for announcements from the app's developers on when the updated version will be released and what changes you can expect to see. In the meantime, continue to use the app as usual and feel free to provide any feedback or suggestions to the developers to help improve the user experience.

VillarColeman is offline   Reply With Quote