Fuelly iOS Announcement - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-21-2013, 02:22 AM   #21
Registered Member

Hey guys, I just signed up to make a suggestion. Please, please, please make the new app look and feel like iOS 7. Heck, change the app icon to the Fuelly logo if needed, the Scrabble tile while cool, no longer works under the new design and it looks VERY out of place.

I have signed up to be a beta tester, but I can provide a lot more feedback both in and out of the program if you'd guys like.

Right now my favorite iOS 7 optimized apps include Fitbit, Evernote, Personal Capital's finance app, and Perfect Weather.

If you guys can make the app look good, minimal, and have the data backup to a Dropbox or on a central server or something, it truly will be THE APP to own. I mean like Mashable/TechCrunch mention worthy status.

Good luck and looking forward to hearing from you guys. =)

wnyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #22
Registered Member

Just learned that you have acquired GasCubby, which I've been using for years. I'm concerned that my syncing is not working right now, though. My husband is filling my car today, but hadn't synced GasCubby for a few months, and when he does, it doesn't pull up information.

What's going to happen to the information that's supposed to be syncing across our phones? Will it continue to do so? Is it gone from the servers where it was?

I am looking forward to seeing what improvements you might make, and hoping this option of syncing our data for multiple cars across multiple devices won't be lost.

Thanks!

Johnsons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #23
Registered Member

Are you kidding? Is it possible that Gas Cubby synching isn't working anymore?

I like the Fuelly web version very much, but the iOS stuff has been a disaster. I just redownloaded the Gas Tracker app again after who knows how many tries over the last few months, and sure enough, Null values for my car yet again.

I am a database designer and programmer, and if I put forth the kind of work that Gas Tracker has shown us, I would expect to be hung from a tree. No excuses.

I'll suspend judgement till the release, but if the last two years of data goes away out of Gas Cubby, it's gonna be ugly. For God's sake, do this one right.
CTdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #24
Registered Member

Any news on integration of the Gas Cubby app with Fuelly?
I am in the UK and just downloaded Gas Cubby after joining Fuelly as it says the developer is Fuelly, but it seems standalone still?
josedebardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:13 AM   #25
Registered Member

Excited to see new app

Yes the apps are still separate but will eventually merge per info on this forum. My syncing in Gas Cubby is still working just fine.

Can't wait for the new app and updated UI.
mdusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #26
Registered Member

Any Update on the app? I just imported all my data from Gas Cubby, and would LOVE to not have to make duplicate entries into Fuelly between now and whenever the two are integrated. Or am I missing something?
Mathfuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #27
Registered Member

So anything up these days? Can't wait to start tracking the goodness again but I still don't know which app to download on my iPhone.
adellelijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #28
Registered Member

where the app?
dj2big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #29
Registered Member

10 months since acquisition and still no app or even an update of when it can be expected?
fyzm7357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #30
Site Team

In order to integrate GasCubby into Fuelly we needed a more powerful API. Fuelly was originally built on Cold Fusion and Microsoft SQL and we decided to move to a different tech stack. We've spent nearly a year working on the new backend system to power Fuelly which is going online tomorrow night. Once that is live and bugs are worked out we will be rolling out the new GasCubby app.

The code behind the GasCubby app that is currently available is ancient. The new app is a total rewrite. It might seem simple on the front end but the amount of work needed to develop all these systems and make sure they function properly when no data connection is available is significant.

The new GasCubby app will be available this summer. We are planning to evolve the app through a few stages where it will feel familiar without any surprises or overhead added to the fuel-up process that would diminish the user experience. So the release this summer will have feature parity with the current app but we have much grander plans for the releases that will start to flow once our new infrastructure is in place. For example, our vision is to evolve from simply a fuel logging to a total cost of ownership system. We want Fuelly to be a tool where you can keep all your receipts (photos, pdfs, etc) of your maintenance records, where you can see how much depreciation costs, where you compare with other similar drivers (make/model/etc) on insurance, etc. We also want to dig deeper and add more granular data such as individual drives that make up a tank. We'll be inviting users to test out ODBII integration and other more advanced features. Ultimately when you drive into a gas station we want Fuelly to ask you if you want to log your fuel up and that it's smart enough to know if you are probably just stopping in for beer or actually getting gas. The ultimate goal is to make sure things are as easy as possible and that data is as clean as possible so we can benefit from each others contributions. We also understand some just want the basic fuel logger they have grown to love over the years and we plan to allow users to opt-out of any of the sharing features and keep an experience very similar to the one you have now if that is what you desire.

With the above being said, we do plan to focus on the fuel-up and make sure we have that dialed in as much as possible. For example, we want to develop technology to integrate local weather information and altitude information so we can understand how those might effect the performance of a vehicle. A big problem we had to solve this last year was a better way to handle the taxonomy of organizing vehicles so users can compare their results to others with the same engine and transmission. We are also working on methods to identify data input errors and ways to suggest solutions when potential issues arise. For example, my Dad filled up my minivan last week when my wife and I went to Austin. I filled her up today and the MPG was double, that's because he didn't write down the fuel-up info and I didn't know he filled up. In the future we want the system to be smart enough to see this issue and ask me if I want to mark the fuel-up as a missed fuel-up to reset it for my next tank.

We appreciate everyone's patience during the past year. We have been very busy working on getting the foundation in place that will let us evolve and start to bring new features to you all. Look for a new GasCubby app out this summer.

Also, I want to take every chance possible to communicate how our app integration is going to work. We don't want GasCubby users looking on their phone and not being able to find the app. We will first update it with the same old icon and a new name called GasFuelly. Then in another update a few months later we will change the icon. Lastly we will drop the GasFuelly name and the app will simply be called Fuelly. We're just trying to be respectful and make sure people understand what's going on.

Thanks again for your patience and we are excited to drive with you into the future!

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote