Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 24 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #231
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Have you installed today's update yet- v3.0.8 from the app store?

You can run the re-migration using the data on your device.
I did upgrade to 3.0.8 today and tonight I used the instructions to re-run the data migration from 2.7 and my service records have been restored. Thank you!

windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:22 PM   #232
Registered Member

I have the same opinion! I'm wann to use the old and trustworthy app.

Calovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:58 AM   #233
Registered Member

Updated on my iPad Mini 4 last night. It was successful, however, I am not a fan of the Fuelly at all. I resent being treated like a child with accolades because my gas mileage increased. Nor do I like the aesthetics of its design.

I have GasCubby on my iPad 2 and Fuelly's math is off computing MPG as the same info produces different results in each app.

Sticking with GasCubby for now as it's better designed software and I always enter data while at home.
ToyotaMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:43 AM   #234
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaMatrix View Post
Updated on my iPad Mini 4 last night. It was successful, however, I am not a fan of the Fuelly at all. I resent being treated like a child with accolades because my gas mileage increased. Nor do I like the aesthetics of its design.

I have GasCubby on my iPad 2 and Fuelly's math is off computing MPG as the same info produces different results in each app.

Sticking with GasCubby for now as it's better designed software and I always enter data while at home.
Can you give an example (specific date would be ideal) of what you're seeing in GC2.7 vs GC3.0/Fuelly as far as the MPG calculations being off, as you mentioned?
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:07 AM   #235
Registered Member

I gave Robert an example of this back in August [Fuelly #CIV-909-25831]. I had an email conversation with him about the calculation problems but it was never fixed. I stopped using Fuelly for good a month later because of this and other bugs.

Basically, I saw that my average MPG was 71 MPG, while my best MPG was 63.1. When I scrolled down through the data in the app and look at my MPG in general, I don’t have any log MPGs above 60. So there’s no mathematical way that 71 MPG can be correctly generated.
happypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:42 AM   #236
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypig View Post
I gave Robert an example of this back in August [Fuelly #CIV-909-25831]. I had an email conversation with him about the calculation problems but it was never fixed. I stopped using Fuelly for good a month later because of this and other bugs.

Basically, I saw that my average MPG was 71 MPG, while my best MPG was 63.1. When I scrolled down through the data in the app and look at my MPG in general, I don’t have any log MPGs above 60. So there’s no mathematical way that 71 MPG can be correctly generated.
I'm fairly certain we've resolved all calculation bugs since then. Which is why I'm needing a recent example.

I'm sorry I didn't respond back to you (I just went looking for that ticket). It got buried under all the recent support requests. If you still have your data in the app- Can you look at the fuel ups in Aug 2015? I show some wonky numbers from the GC2.7 backup.

If you'd like to give us another try, I'm fairly confident we can get your AVG's straightened out now.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote