Gas Cubby v3 Update - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2015, 07:12 AM   #21
Registered Member

Will GasCubby 3.0 data be available on the web or will it still be a iOS only app?

Professsorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:55 AM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professsorman View Post
Will GasCubby 3.0 data be available on the web or will it still be a iOS only app?
Yes. You will have the ability to sync your data to Fuelly.com for viewing/editing/sharing.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Yes. You will have the ability to sync your data to Fuelly.com for viewing/editing/sharing.
Awesome! Looking forward to it!
Professsorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:50 AM   #24
Registered Member

With V3 will there be any option to delete older selected records that are no longer revelent?
BruceO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:43 PM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceO View Post
With V3 will there be any option to delete older selected records that are no longer revelent?
Mass-delete? Not initially. But it is something we've talked about implementing.

Right off the bat, it'll be similar to how Fuelly and Gas Cubby allow you to Edit->Delete a fuel-up one at a time.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:56 PM   #26
Registered Member

Chiming it to ask for a little bit more clarification.
I'm a long time GasCubby (paid version) user, and I've five years' worth of data. Now, it is obvious that the app has its shortcomings, but it's good as it's going to be discontinued.
Now, my questions:
a) when will GasCubby 3 be released?
b) once it gets released, it'll continue as a stand alone product, or will there be a time in which it gets "absorbed" into Fuelly (née GasTracker+)? If so, when?
c) wil this new entity (GasTracker+/Fuelly/whatever) keep the maintenance part (which is reeeeeally useful in my opinion)?

I know i'm asking something that has already been answered to, but I studied hard the previous posts and I'm still lost. Thanks.
PapZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:16 PM   #27
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapZ View Post
Chiming it to ask for a little bit more clarification.
I'm a long time GasCubby (paid version) user, and I've five years' worth of data. Now, it is obvious that the app has its shortcomings, but it's good as it's going to be discontinued.
Now, my questions:
a) when will GasCubby 3 be released?
b) once it gets released, it'll continue as a stand alone product, or will there be a time in which it gets "absorbed" into Fuelly (née GasTracker+)? If so, when?
c) wil this new entity (GasTracker+/Fuelly/whatever) keep the maintenance part (which is reeeeeally useful in my opinion)?

I know i'm asking something that has already been answered to, but I studied hard the previous posts and I'm still lost. Thanks.
a) We will release the date once we know for certain it's ready to be submitted to Apple. Currently in final stages of alpha testing (just received a build earlier this evening) and will soon be reaching out to our beta testers for more feedback.
b) Version 3 will prompt users to sync their data to Fuelly.com so you can track your vehicle online as well. We want Gas Cubby to become "the Fuelly app" but we don't plan to make any drastic name changes right away.
c) Let's keep calling it Gas Cubby (for now) to avoid any confusion. Yes. Maintenance is very important to us as well. I can assure you we're keeping that! We'll be working it into Fuelly.com later on down the road.

I hope this helps clarify things for you!
Old 04-22-2015, 01:02 PM   #28
Registered Member

It's now been over three weeks since the last update, when you were in the "final stages" of alpha testing. Any progress you want to share with us?
go_robot_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:31 PM   #29
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_robot_go View Post
It's now been over three weeks since the last update, when you were in the "final stages" of alpha testing. Any progress you want to share with us?
3 weeks ago we were testing mapping of vehicles into the format Fuelly expects (Year/Make/Model/Submodel/etc).
2 weeks ago we began testing they ability to move existing Gas Cubby data into the 'new' Gas Cubby. We wanted to ensure all calculations were consistent and make sure the data would also match with what Fuelly.com would expect/display.
Of course it involved a bunch of tweaking and troubleshooting to ensure a smooth migration.
Everything seems to be sorted out pretty nicely at this point except for a few extreme cases. We've been working with sample data that has hundreds of fuel ups, entries, etc. I'm talking LARGE backup files. Naturally, it takes a few minutes for all the data to sync and populate on the new app. We're working to help speed that process up so you're not sitting in front of your phone for 5 minutes waiting for it to populate.
Also, we've uncovered in our testing what seems to be issues with iPhone 6's having low memory and struggling to handle the testing we're throwing at it.

Last week involved more troubleshooting and tweaking to speed the migration process and we started testing the sync with Fuelly.com.
Josh is currently spending some time with his family this week and I'm sure he'll come back refreshed and ready to tackle this project again!

Hang in there with us. We're a small team, but I feel like we're taking on this huge project with as much care and scrutiny as possible since we've promised all our users a fantastic mobile app!
Old 04-23-2015, 10:57 AM   #30
Registered Member

Thanks for the update Robert.

I currently have 5 vehicles in Gas Cubby, one with data going back to 2008 but no long have, is there any pre update prep work that might need to be done?

Gas Cubby, from a user side, is a great app, but based on the time Fuelly has been working on it is a programmers nightmare to convert to Fuelly.

I hope none of the features get lost in the update.

If the update/conversion goes of without any problems Josh should get a vacation before starting work on acar.

LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote