Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > iOS | Fuelly Mobile
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
You dont have to use the app, I just enter the details on my phone on fuelly.com, app seems to be too prone to glitches and bugs, website works perfectly.
You can use the website, but it is much slower than the app, important on the forecourt. The website is also not very well formatted on the phone which makes it slower still.

hdasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:02 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdasmith View Post
RobertV - any news on this please? We're a little after the 15th.

Sorry I missed your previous post on my last question.
The app was submitted on the 15th and it sat pending review by Apple. A week or so later we found out they wouldn't approve it because of the name change we proposed (Fuelly Beta).
So we changed it back to "GasTracker+" (for now) and resubmitted. This was on the 30th.
Last I heard (on Tuesday) it's still sitting there pending review. In the past we've always been given a quick turn-around time, but I imagine every developer in the world submitted updates right before the new year so Apple is likely backed up a bit.

As soon as it gets released, I'm one of the first to know and I'll be sure to let you guys know as well!

Josh made a post on 12/30 explaining this as well- http://www.fuelly.com/forums/showthr...041#post181041

Quote:
You can use the website, but it is much slower than the app, important on the forecourt. The website is also not very well formatted on the phone which makes it slower still.
Have you tried Fuelly Mobile- m.fuelly.com
Not as fancy, but a very quick and mobile friendly way of adding fuel-ups on the go.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:04 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Oh you add the fuel up whilst at the gas station? It's forbidden to use phones at gas stations here, and illegal to use a phone when driving so I wouldn't risk that myself.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #24
Registered Member

Thanks, hadn't seen that website link. Works pretty well.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Oh you add the fuel up whilst at the gas station? It's forbidden to use phones at gas stations here, and illegal to use a phone when driving so I wouldn't risk that myself.
You're not meant to here either. In fact you're meant to switch it off completely but no one does that. It's an old rule based on old technology not used any more, bit like planes now allowing you to use electronics throughout the flight. The advice hasn't changed with the technology.

Edit: Just realised we're both in the UK.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:06 AM   #26
Registered Member

I just saw the update for GasTracker+ to version 2.1. Great to see this update finally come through and I imagine it was no small feat.

One issue that was immediately apparent is my information is still showing Gallons, Miles, and MPG. My settings on Fuelly.com for my vehicle are all set to Litres, Kilometres, and L/100km. When I try to edit my vehicle in GasTracker+ (from Vehicle Info screen), is shows Miles and Gallons. When I change them, and Save, the save doesn't hold and it shows again as Miles and Gallons.

In the previous version, all screens picked up Litres, Kilometres, and L/100km, such as the Log screen and adding a new entry except that the Vehicle Info summary screen showed Miles and Gallons. Now, in the new version, it is showing Gallons, Miles, and MPG through the app. For whatever reason, the app does not accept changing the unit type.

For us outside of the US, this is pretty critical. The numbers I currently see in the app mean nothing to me, rendering it nearly useless.
robuncorked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #27
Registered Member

Just updated as well. I'm afraid the update is working less well than the previous version. I still can't submit fill ups in the UK format, and now, in the front page, it tell me my average MPG is 11.6, last was 15.7 and my best was 33.4 rather than 47.2, 71.2 and 152 which is what is should be.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #28
Registered Member

I'm checking with our developer. I had not received word of the update being available yet, and checking my personal device, still do not show it listed.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:56 AM   #29
Registered Member

When I delete and re-download, I get the old version, but immediately get an update to the new one. Don't know if that helps at all.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:57 AM   #30
Registered Member

Quote:
When I delete and re-download, I get the old version, but immediately get an update to the new one. Don't know if that helps at all.
Did that fix the issue or does it still have the same issue?

robuncorked is offline   Reply With Quote