Lost service data - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-30-2016, 07:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

Lost service data

Hi, I updated to the new GC via the App Store tonight. When it migrated my data upon opening, it lost all my service records. At the same time, I got an email from GC saying it had backed up my data. But when I try to follow their instructions, it is restoring the data using the old app. How do I get my .sql backup data into the new app? Thx.

bayoyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:46 PM   #2
Registered Member

I'd like to second this item. All my service records (including the one that was literally one day old) are now gone. I have no proof of the dozens of services and thousands of dollars I've spent on maintaining the car. I loved GasCubby, but as of now I am ready to toss "Fuelly" through the wall.

Any help on this? I'd hate to think that nearly 8 years of records are gone from my three vehicles.

Oh, and the "export to email" never showed up.

jnaujok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:57 PM   #3
Registered Member

@ jnaujok Maybe check your junk folder? That is my only hope at this point is that GC saved my data before I updated. Did you sync in the old version of GC?
bayoyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:53 PM   #4
Registered Member

I synced my data after every transaction, religiously. I still have all the fuel data, but the service data is just gone from the App and from the web site.
jnaujok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:43 PM   #5
Registered Member

I've lost all my service data as well (and I never got the e-mail with my data backup). I hope this can be recovered! I have years of info in GasCubby.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:09 PM   #6
Site Team

Sorry about the issues. Rest assured we will get the issues fixed. Some of you got the backups via email as well so your data is safe. Windracer, even thought you didn't get the email, you data is still safe as long as you don't delete the app.

At this exact moment our team is focused on the server issues resolved. What happened is the servers got hammered so hard that they started to fail during the migration/sync. We have to get that fixed right now. We also have an updated version of the app being tested. Our team is going to be able to help you but we need your patience as we are all running on fumes from staying up all night working on the servers.

So please hang tight, make sure you have one support request in to us either through the Feedback tab on the side menu in the app or in our help desk by contacting support@fuelly.com.

We will be able to start helping people with data issues next week. Just don't delete your app and hang tight.

Lastly, I'm sorry you are having these issues. We literally had thousands of beta testers and these issues are related to the massive spike from all the auto updates. We designed things to make sure data will not be lost. So if it's missing we just need to find it and restore it and we have the know how to get that done.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:32 AM   #7
Registered Member

Any update on when we can expect our service records to be restored?
Old 09-09-2016, 02:09 PM   #8
Registered Member

3.0.8 should now be available. Please update and you'll be able to re-run the migration process.
Please also give this guide a solid read through- http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/mis...ade-18895.html
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:59 PM   #9
Registered Member

Thank you! I was able to re-run the migration from 2.7 to 3.0.8 and my service records have been restored.