Paritial fuel ups - messing up my MPG! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-02-2016, 03:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

Paritial fuel ups - messing up my MPG!

I recently updated my app and I'm having some trouble, tried re-running the date migration but issue is still present.

My issue - for any partial fuel ups that I didn't enter in the odometer reading it doesn't take into the account the gallons added at the partial fuel up and goes back to the last odometer reading only factoring in the gas at the 'full' fill up. This is given me MPG as high as 100 MPG. See attached photo.

The 'old' app would add in the gas at each partial to the new full fill up and then just take the total miles.

Any help?!

kwoody51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:35 PM   #2
Registered Member

Looks like I found the 'answer' that's being offered up in this thread... http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/mpg-...n-18908-2.html

I'd really, really appreciate it if the '0' odometer issue was addressed in the next update. In the previous version it would go back to the last odo reading, add in any gallons added (for partial fills) and average the MPG over all the partial tanks. Not 'perfect' but MUCH better than the 85-100 MPG I'm showing now.

Like the poster of this other thread there are times when I don't get the odo reading as my wife fills up my car. It's all I can do to get her to give me the cost/ gallons.

I can honestly say the 'old' version worked perfectly and did everything that I needed it to. This new 'updated' version is pretty frustrating thus far and I don't even want to put my data in it... pretty disappointing!

Please help me out... I'd love to covert to this new app but might just have to find a new system.
kwoody51 is offline   Reply With Quote