aCar 5.x suggestions and observations - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > aCar | Mobile for Android
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2017, 07:14 AM   #11
Site Team

seasnake is correct, you have an island in the South Pacific set in Vehicle Details.

The vehicle details from 4.8 were moved over as a place holder. We switched vehicle databases to have consistency from aCar to Fuelly to Gas Cubby. This required that the data be re-classified.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:47 PM   #12
Registered Member

I'm using aCar 5.0.6. While overal impression is good I still have some troubles using the app and several suggestion which IMHO will make it even better. Hope at least some of them make sense not only for me and will be added in future versions. So

1. I can not add multiple expenses with same odometer and datetime, aCar complains that records not in sync at the save stage. Here is the use case: I went to the shop and bought some accessories for my car (let's say 5 different items). Now I want to add them to the app one by one. Odometer reading for all of them is the same as well as datetime, because all these items were bought at the same place in the same time. After adding first item, I can't add all others because of the same odometer and datetime. The only workaround I can think of is create general record with total price and fill all details as note. This is really inconvenient, as it is not possible to find when some items were bought and at which price. I need to look over all expenses and read all notes to find required information.

2. It would be really nice to be able to save locations for further usage. Right now I can add only names, but address (street, city, state/province etc) still need to be entered manually every time.

3. For unknown reasons "Country" field in the "Location" section allows to enter only two-letter country code. IMHO this is also inconvenient (especially if local language is used) and inconsistent with other fields. If country code used intentionally, it would be much better to have a dropdown field with predefined values.

4. Please make date and time fields format configurable (e.g. support for different date formats, am/pm and 24h formats)

5. It would be nice to have more reports. For example: expenses by category/subtype, by location name, etc.

6. Add more languages. Personally I'd like to see Ukrainian and will be happy to help with translation.

waker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #13
Registered Member

3 Suggestions

I'm a long time aCar Pro user and this new version seems like a step backward.

1. For reminders, make it so the coming/past due item(s) appear at the top of the reminder list. Having to scroll down the list of maintenance items just to find what is coming due when is annoying. This is data in a database, sorting the data by "due status" should be trivial. If you don't want to make that the default, give the user sort options.

2. The previous version had a subset of the statistics, showing information for the current month, previous month, and totals for the past 3 months, on each vehicle's screen and the option to show statistics for all active vehicles. Please return that display.

This app is meant to help track vehicle expenses. By removing that display you took away a useful feature. Before, if I wanted to see how much I spent on gas for all my vehicles over the past 3 months, I opened the aCar, changed the display to all cars, and had exactly what I needed. Now, I open aCar, click Statistics, change the view to Recent 3 Months, find the Total $ line at the bottom of Fuel-Ups, record that number somewhere, go back Home, select the next vehicle, repeat the long process for each vehicle, and finally add up the totals manually.

3. Give the user the ability to select which icons they want to be displayed on the vehicle home screen. I don't need Purchase Rec and Sold Rec on the home screen, I'm not buying or selling vehicles that frequently. If I'm a Pro user, I don't need the Pro icon visible.
j_guynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:34 AM   #14
Registered Member

it came to 5.07 but it still does not open. and no one cares. gj fuelly thank you.
insmuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:39 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
3. Give the user the ability to select which icons they want to be displayed on the vehicle home screen. I don't need Purchase Rec and Sold Rec on the home screen, I'm not buying or selling vehicles that frequently. If I'm a Pro user, I don't need the Pro icon visible.
I agree 100%. This is irritating.

Plenty of useless icons for actions you mostly do once every few years.
MikeDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:11 AM   #16
Registered Member

Widget Changes

Before I request the return of a feature, let me just say that I love the new ability to sync acar with different phones. It has made my and my wife's life much easier. I have used acar for a while now and it just keeps getting better.

Now for the feature return request...

The widget, when used to show the MPG item, used to show the newly computed MPG as GREEN if you improved them or RED if you decreased in MPG. Currently the widget has no color indicators on it. Would it be possible to return to the old functionality of the widget and give us back those color indicators? It was always nice to challenge yourself to see if you could improve your MPG.

Thanks again for such a great app!
Holydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:34 AM   #17
Site Team

I am making a list of things that users want added. I can't promise every request will be honored, but we should be able to handle most.

I cannot promise how long it will be for these to be added.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:30 AM   #18
Registered Member

Feature Request

I am fairly new to the aCar app but I am pro user and I have been using Fuelly for almost 8 years. I will first like to say I do Love the App and it's Sync abilities.

One thing I miss that the Fuelly app had was the a a screen that showed me my current mileage when I did a Fuel up.

This allowed me to know right away how I did on that tank of fuel.
Fliehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:28 PM   #19
Registered Member

Suggestions for v5+:
Gas Station info should have dropdown for address etc. Much easier before. I do not use GPS. One generally fuels at same stations.
I did lose a couple of last records during transition to 5.0. The adding the Category was buggy. Working fine now (minus lost records). Color is back, Yeah!
BertSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertSP View Post
Suggestions for v5+:
Gas Station info should have dropdown for address etc. Much easier before. I do not use GPS. One generally fuels at same stations.
I did lose a couple of last records during transition to 5.0. The adding the Category was buggy. Working fine now (minus lost records). Color is back, Yeah!
When you are in a Fuel-Up screen hit the three dots in the upper right hand corner and select "Customize this screen".

Make sure the box for location is checked. The fuel-up screen will then include fields to select/add Brand, Street, City, State/Province, Country, Postal/Zip code. You can fill in as many of these as you like or skip them.

If you mean that there is no longer a drop down to select frequently used places, yes that is no longer there. It was more convenient the old way - if you used just a few places. I would imagine for those who travel for work the list would grow quite long. Adding an option to save a location when entering this might make it the best of both types of entry.

RamPMC01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comments, suggestions, version 5