Entering older service records - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > aCar | Mobile for Android
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2017, 07:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

Entering older service records

Hey All,

I'm using aCar for android. I forgot to enter a particular service with my vehicle from back in January of this year. When I enter the record with the current mileage, then go and edit the record and change the mileage to my (6 month old mileage record), aCar will not let me save the record, I get a red exclamation mark near the mileage entry and I can't save the information..

This is really frustrating, I've simply forgotten to add one part of a service, now the app will not let me record the correct mileage of the service. Does anyone know how to get this task accomplished? Thanks

photousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:42 AM   #2
Registered Member

Can you not edit the original entry? You certainly can on the computer version of Fuelly that I use.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks JockoT, When I create a new record, then save it, then go back and edit the record, changing the service date followed by the service mileage, (which would be less than my current mileage), I just get a couple of red exclamation marks in both fields. The app will not allow me to save the modified mileage and date...
photousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:19 AM   #4
Site Team

The records date and odometer must be consistent with the other service records.

The likely cause is that you have a service record with an inaccurate odometer entry.

For example, if on April 1, you had an oil change at 63,950 miles, but entered it as 639,500 miles, the following service records will not be accepted if the odometer entered is less than 639,500.

If you can't find the problem, please send a ticket to support@fuelly.com and include the backup data as well as the data that you are trying to enter.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote