Fuelly & ACar sync - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-02-2015, 12:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

Fuelly & ACar sync

Is it possible to have my records on Fuelly update automatically when I add records to ACar, via Dropbox or Google Drive etc?
It is a pain having to enter everything twice.
Thanks.

PhillT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:10 AM   #2
Registered Member

This is definitely a possibility and what we're working towards. Currently we're focusing our efforts on integrating Gas Cubby (iOS) with Fuelly.com. We're nearing the completion of that project and will then be able to work on aCar.
Gas Cubby required the most work/effort which is why we decided to tackle it first.
Once integration is complete you'll be able to access/edit/sync your data from Android (aCar), iOS (Gas Cubby) or Fuelly.com (Web)!

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:23 PM   #3
Registered Member

WOw!!
I've been waiting the aCar release with the integration feature, after this post I think I'll start to use aCar before this release... Do you guys intend to change the UI to Material Design as well?
Magnnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:54 AM   #4
Registered Member

Just to clarify...

Does this mean I will be able to sync directly between aCar (my phone) and Gas Cubby (wife's phone) or will it require an intermediary step of syncing first to fuelly.com?

Will this be automatic in the background or will it require manual initiation on either side (both exporting and importing)?

Any ETA or timeline?
thebundok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:55 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnnus View Post
Do you guys intend to change the UI to Material Design as well?
Yes, in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebundok View Post
Does this mean I will be able to sync directly between aCar (my phone) and Gas Cubby (wife's phone) or will it require an intermediary step of syncing first to fuelly.com?

Will this be automatic in the background or will it require manual initiation on either side (both exporting and importing)?

Any ETA or timeline?
Data will be accessed/sync via a Fuelly.com login. So in your scenario, you'll add a fillup on your Android device, tap sync (likely be automatic though), and then you wife can sync her data on her iPhone and pull down your fillup.

Initially we will need users to migrate their data to Fuelly.com's standards (we're making this as easy and seamless as possible) and then you'll be all set.

No ETA at the moment. We're focusing on integrating Gas Cubby first (it required more tooling than aCar).
Old 06-14-2015, 06:14 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
"Initially we will need users to migrate their data to Fuelly.com's standards (we're making this as easy and seamless as possible) and then you'll be all set."
Hi!
Sorry to bother again, but your last post got me thinking:
For now, while we don't have the sync system, for beginners (like me) would be better/smarter to input data directly into Fuelly.com using the mobile site version?

Thanks!!
Magnnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnnus View Post
Hi!
Sorry to bother again, but your last post got me thinking:
For now, while we don't have the sync system, for beginners (like me) would be better/smarter to input data directly into Fuelly.com using the mobile site version?

Thanks!!
Up to you, but I'd personally try out both. From what I've heard (and it could change) aCar isn't getting too huge of a change as far as how it functions now. At least not right away. So it wouldn't hurt to familiarize yourself with it.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:57 AM   #8
Registered Member

Nice that you guys are "focusing" efforts on IOS, but ACAR users are Android users, and you've basically abandoned everyone who paid for ACAR.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:14 PM   #9
Registered Member

Gas Cubby on iOS was abandoned 4 years ago by its previous owner, the Fuelly team "focusing" on iOS will soon make acar a better app (or totally ruin both acar and Gas Cubby and wipe them off the internet).
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleHim View Post
Gas Cubby on iOS was abandoned 4 years ago by its previous owner, the Fuelly team "focusing" on iOS will soon make acar a better app (or totally ruin both acar and Gas Cubby and wipe them off the internet).
It hasn't been all smooth sailing but we're getting there. We did indeed have to totally rewrite Gas Cubby (which has not been released yet) after the founding app developer sold the app to us. It wasn't until we unpealed the code that we found out it was so outdated. There have been some setbacks in getting the new app to market but it will be worthwhile in the long run.

As for the OP, yes, aCar and Fuelly Sync will be integrated very shortly. Armond the developer of aCar now works for Fuelly and he's been plugging away at getting Sync built. It's more complex than most people would think. Also, Armond had a little boy and traveled abroad to see family in the time we started work on Sync. We're not a sweatshop and happy the folks helping build Fuelly have some freedom to live their lives while still making progress. Sometimes the progress is slower than any of us would like (me included, I pay the salaries) but thus is life. Everyone on the team knows we'll have something special when we have feature parity across the web, iOS and Android. We know how hard that is to develop first hand and the data we collect together will help keep the industry honest and consumers informed of real world data.

So aCar users look for Fuelly integration and Syncing in the next couple of months. The Gas Cubby launch will be around the same window.

I hope the same folks who like to be skeptical will turn into fanboys once a quality and stable product is being enjoyed. We are working through some important issues now and will be able to move forward soon. Thanks for your patience (even though we might be wearing it thin sometimes).

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote