Merge data from two different versions. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > aCar | Mobile for Android
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2018, 01:12 AM   #1
Registered Member

Merge data from two different versions.

Hello! I've been using Acar for a long time (somewhere around '12 or '13) and I've ran into an issue recently and need to merge records.

I have two phones. One is currently running Android 4.1.2 and has recently been brought back from the dead. It has records on it that are all the way from 2014. I have a newer phone that's running 8.0, which I purchased when my older phone's battery died.

I am needing to merge records between the phones, and I've tried the import features to no avail. I've taken a look though at the info in the .CSV files and see that I cannot (without spending ages copy/pasting) move the data to the new format. 5.0 is also not an option for this particular phone.

I did notice though that I like the old format, and would like to be able to create a complete .csv backup of both phone's data (just all on one sheet of course) for use on my computer.

Does anyone know how I can accomplish making a 4.8 version backup of 5.0 data or is it a lost cause?

Thanks in advance.

Mangonesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:22 AM   #2
Site Team

You cannot make a backup file from v5 to use in 4.8, but the CSV files created in v5 will import into v4.8.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

That's not accurate. My 4.8 will not take any 5.0 CSVs from the individual vehicles.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:43 AM   #4
Registered Member

To help with this process, I attempted this morning (again) to import a export from a single vehicle from V5.0 to 4.8. When it failed it allowed me to send a bug report. I sent one, and the "name" I filled in as my username on here. Hopefully that'll narrow it down for you a bit and you can see what's going wrong with the process.

And here's a link to a screenshot of the import process showing the file name and failure message: https://i.imgur.com/k0gyv4Ym.png
Old 01-26-2019, 07:46 AM   #5
Registered Member

OK,

I've made a few other attempts to import the data from my 5.0 version... as per Fuelly support: Fuelly #ZQG-263-56591

"Thank you for sending this file.

I see the error in the import, but I am not sure what is causing it. The error shows an issue with the Date/Time column, but I have verified that the export for aCar 4.8 and 5.0 is identical.

The only option that I can see to get this to work easily is to break the CSV into 2 different files. One file for fuel entries and another for the service. Also, remove the metadata from the top of the CSV to leave only the header and the data in each file. Then, use the Plain CSV import option."

So, the deleting of Meta data didn't work. I've even deleted rows trying to match up headers for other data to get it to work. No dice. Here's a screenshoot of v4 (left) and v5's data (right): https://i.imgur.com/pNxUDBFl.png

I'd really like to compile this stuff... anyone else have any tricks?
Old 02-24-2019, 06:05 AM   #6
Registered Member

I've wound up just adding every service entry manually, since there is no provided solution.

I'm glad I was able to retain the 4.8 APK. Now I don't need to use the newer app, which I haven't cared much for since it was deployed, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Not worth it.