Pro Version - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-14-2018, 08:44 AM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamPMC01 View Post
But there is no reason for Fuelly to provide the servers. Many people already have a cloud option available to them and other apps allow you to use that for syncing across devices.
It's obviously clear...dollar dollar bills.

I'm on Fuelio now. GDrive or Dropbox sync with photos. No ADs and it's free.

9009RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:10 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9009RPM View Post
It's obviously clear...dollar dollar bills.

I'm on Fuelio now. GDrive or Dropbox sync with photos. No ADs and it's free.

SimplyAuto and Myfuellog2 both import aCar records. SimplyAuto seems to have a better UI. I have tried fuelio and yes it is free it does not do an aCar import unless you convert to a csv file. That means you need to manipulate the format of the csv on your computer to match.

On another note you can get the PRO key back if you go into Google play then select "My Apps and Games" then select "My Library" scroll through and you can find the PRO key and reinstall it. At least that worked for me.

At current I am trying all four apps (aCar, Simplyauto, Myfuellog2, Fuelio) to see which one I like the best before I completely drop aCar/fuelly. I plan to use these for about a month to see which one I decide.

If there is something else that imports aCar abp files directly, I am sure a bunch of us PRO refugees would be interested.

~TBS

TheTBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:35 PM   #13
Registered Member

Transferred to a new phone, but can't get Acar Pro (already tried looking at my google app library) which also means I can't export to a CSV file. Have been a pro user for many years, and although fully claims I should be able to use app ad free, since I can't install pro key, my app is littered with ads that I am not going to spend another dime on removing. Sorry fully, looks like you lost another user.
eamarille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:47 AM   #14
Registered Member

I've had the same experience. The only way I've been able to address it is to re-enter my aCar donation ID every time a new version is released. It's extremely annoying and there needs to be a better experience. I've been using aCar since 2010, and I expect better from Fuelly regarding legacy customers. I don't use the app for fleet management, simply understanding the driving habits of my family. Fuelly - please fix this asap. It's getting to the point where I am considering switching.
saltygunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:17 AM   #15
Site Team

This problem began when we updated the app to target the latest Google API. We had to update the target API to keep the app working.

Google changed what they allow to be saved when apps update, unfortunately this affected Pro users. The currently architecture of the app does not allow a secure way to save the Pro installation when the app is updated.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:04 AM   #16
Registered Member

aCar Pro & the bad experience of Fuelly

I've been an aCar Pro user since 2011. I had paid my money with the expectation of no ads forever. (as this didn't cost aCar ongoing costs, it made sense)

Ads started appearing in Fuelly this month, and I *was* able to re-enter my old aCar "Donation ID" to get rid of the ads. But I felt betrayed by Fuelly until I read on the Forum that this was caused by a Google API upgrade. I think better communication with users could have helped.

I've lost the functionality of being able to use geolocation to pull up the closest gas station. I understand that this costs Fuelly money now, and it didn't before. So while I miss that, I don't begrudge them the subscription fee.

BUT, I read on the website that aCar Pro users will only be ad-free for 2 years. I think that's a violation of the previous agreements.

So while I think that the $5/year is small enough that the premium features probably make it worthwhile.... I feel that Fuelly is not honouring the spirit of the agreement made to aCar users. (keeping the app ad free would be easy to do, and they chose to not do that)

For that reason, I'm considering the alternate programs.

One suggestion on the PR front: Keeping old aCar users as "Pro" (ad free for only 2 years) but not auto-upgrading them to "Premium" seems like the wrong approach to me. Instead, if you declare that they have a free "Premium" subscription for 2 years (after which they'd have to pay), then you'd have "automatically" moved us towards Premium (and let us get used to all the good features) instead, we're looking at the upgrades that we THOUGHT we'd paid for, and now are being denied. (that's the perception)
Zavod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #17
Registered Member

This was an amazing experience, glad I'm not alone. I purchased acar in 2011, every time I've switched phones or had any trouble I was able to enter my donation ID to get "pro" features back. Well I just discovered that a prior update has kicked me out of "pro" into free land with ads everywhere. I was not able to enter my donation ID w/o a fuelly account. I was forced to create an account but, after that, I was able to enter the donation ID to get rid of ads.

Unfortunately it's clear they don't care about my prior purchase. They are giving us a "grace" period to subscribe or GTFO.
joelastblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:21 AM   #18
Registered Member

aCar Pro

If I am moving aCar Pro to a new phone, here's the steps I used:

1. Old phone - Do full backup aCar Pro data, the filename is aCar-datetime.abp

2. Move the aCar-datetime.abp file onto the new phone into folder zonewalker-acar

3. New phone - install aCar app from Google play
- then do full restore using the above .abp file

4. All works fine.
HarvMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:41 AM   #19
Registered Member

I found a thread on this forum that claimed the unlocker app was back in the play store as late as September 2018. Gone again now?
IceBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:23 AM   #20
Site Team

It's been gone from the open Play Store for much longer than that.

However, if you purchased the Pro Unlocker, it will be in the My Apps & Games section or Purchased Apps. It will always be there.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote