So Ugly - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-09-2017, 08:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

Thumbs down So Ugly

Holy Crap! This new version is the ugliest looking thing I've ever seen. Did they start charging for using colors? To my eyes, it is much more difficult to see and discern what the different icons are.

Functionality seems fine and it's about time they got web integration working (only took what, like 3 years?) but please, let me go back to the old look.

overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:30 PM   #2
Site Team

We hear you.

It will change soon.

EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:48 AM   #3
Registered Member

I desperately want to change back to the previous version. Is there a way to do this?
Sixes350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:30 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes350 View Post
I desperately want to change back to the previous version. Is there a way to do this?
you can find the 4.8.6 version from uptodown cause i made so. because v5 and the later versions does not open.
insmuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:33 PM   #5
Site Team

Have you sent a ticket to the help desk? Support@fuelly.com

Please send your app logs with the email. Connect your phone to a computer via USB cable and copy the acar.txt file from the zonewalker-acar folder.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
Holy Crap! This new version is the ugliest looking thing I've ever seen. Did they start charging for using colors? To my eyes, it is much more difficult to see and discern what the different icons are.

Functionality seems fine and it's about time they got web integration working (only took what, like 3 years?) but please, let me go back to the old look.
I agree, hard to look at with new color/graphics. Console is missing the recent 3-month stats, which I liked. Don't see a need for Console to have purchase/sale record icons, as this would seem to be part of a vehicle detail and would only be entered once each. Maybe have a way to edit Console so only see icons user wants to see.

Adding Fuel/Service Records, I liked the old way of choosing a location from list of previously entered choices or adding a new one as needed. I only want to select City and don't need the rest of the fields, nor do I want to use GPS location. For Fuel records, I use average speed (obtained from Scangauge II) as opposed to trying to guess city/highway percentage. I'd rather average speed on Fuelly than the current city/highway circular graph.
seasnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:40 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by insmuh View Post
you can find the 4.8.6 version from uptodown cause i made so. because v5 and the later versions does not open.
Thank you for the tip
Old 10-11-2017, 01:00 AM   #8
Registered Member

I have used this program for years and it is just now that I realise what a joke the latest update was.

Backups are corrupted to the new file format so reverting back to the 'original' is lost.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:10 AM   #9
Site Team

aCar 4.8 backups will work in aCar 4.8 or 5.0. aCar 5.0 backups are not backwards compatible.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:47 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixes350 View Post
I have used this program for years and it is just now that I realise what a joke the latest update was.

Backups are corrupted to the new file format so reverting back to the 'original' is lost.
i think you can find some automatically produced backups with the old version that you can use. only some of the data if u entered later may be lost.

insmuh is offline   Reply With Quote