Trip Mode? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-07-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

Trip Mode?

I have had the Android aCar PRO application for a few years, but I have never really used it in the way it was intended.

for LONG trips (a week or more) I have needed to use several apps for fuel & expense entries, trip tracking, odometer entries, etc., while traveling in the car.

I was hoping that you could go into a "trip mode" that you could lock-into so every entry would be associated with that trip (ex: "Trip to NYC") and when you finish the trip, you can go back to the 'normal' mode. Then you could view or export all the records fro that trip.

I asked the aCar dev for some tips, and I was told to just put the trip name into one of the fields, but the field didn't exist! Well, I think it did, but when I viewed the records, I could not locate the field or sort/filter them by that field.

I'd like to ask for tips on how to simplify entries that you make during a trip, or can I contact the devs to add "trip mode" to the application?

DonKook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:37 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi,

I typically use the "Purpose" field for that type of info.

HarvMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:08 PM   #3
Registered Member

I don't see a "Purpose" field in either the Trip Record, Expense Record, or Fuel-up record entry screens. The Trip Record entry screen has a "type" field, which pertains to things like Personal, Business, Emergency, Moving, etc.

The closest thing would be the Tags field.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:14 AM   #4
Registered Member

I believe your best option is to use "Tags".
HarvMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:07 PM   #5
Registered Member

Tags won't help with multi-day trips. A Trip record is point-to-point only, so the trip record doesn't help. What you need is some way to start a trip,like New York City to Seattle, then log your stops on the way. If the application had a "trip mode," you would just start a trip, and everything from that minute for the next 10 days when you end the trip, is connected in a long string of entries, like waypoints, without having to enter a Departure and Arrival local along the way for each stop.

Besides, even using the automatic G{S location button doesn't do anything unless you have a smartphone or a tablet with 3G.

Dedicated trip loggers are the same; they only log s trip as a start and end point, like a lunch meeting with a customer, not something like a 2,000-mile tour of Erope's major cities.