Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > aCar | Mobile for Android
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

Two change request s

Hello,
Follow a few ideas for aCar /Android:

1.Manage Services: pls add/define the Service items pro car
As you know, every factory suggest different kind of maintenance for example for certain cars the oil must be change every 20.000 km certain every 30.000 km.

2. In the Reminder windows pls add the field "Notes" (of course if present)

I hope a ..bit clear if not pls tell me
Thanks

LucianoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
Registered Member

1. You're wanting to the app to display the manufacturer's recommended service intervals?
This may be tricky, but with enough data, it could be something that could be built in the future.
If you're just wanting to edit the default interval to fit your particular vehicle, you can do that from More Options-> Advanced Dashboard and then Services page.

2. As for the Notes in the Reminders section, can you give an example of what type of Notes one might input or expect to see from that section?

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
Registered Member

RobertV,
thanks for your answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
1. You're wanting to the app to display the manufacturer's recommended service intervals?
Yes right !

Quote:
This may be tricky, but with enough data, it could be something that could be built in the future.
If you're just wanting to edit the default interval to fit your particular vehicle, you can do that from More Options-> Advanced Dashboard and then Services page.
Yes i understand was you suggest...
I agree with you that can't be trick.

In word can be easy
For example: when you add a new car the appl can be ask: "Do you w'd like use the standard services? y/n
If yes : it's like now
If no : the apl duplicate the standard service items for this last car and later you can be modify ONLY the services items regarding this cars

Quote:
2. As for the Notes in the Reminders section, can you give an example of what type of Notes one might input or expect to see from that section?
Of course these are two examples
"Pls remember : the mechanical, previous next maintenance, must provide special
brakes that don't "whistle" "
or
"Pls remember: the best price for the brushes of glass is by....."

p.s. I think the display of these notes in the Reminder section: main section for me !!
LucianoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
Registered Member

this would be a great feature. it would have to be totally customizable. you can set an oil change to be a xxxx miles, and be able to reset the ticker when the oil has been changed. give a warning at a fill up approx 500 miles before the oil change is due. man o man......this would save some bickering between the wife and i. i rarely drive her vehicle, so i depend on her to tell me when the oil needs to be changed. before you know it, she is 1000 miles over-due. if i would have had a notification that it was due, it would have saved some bickering between us.
bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:58 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
this would be a great feature. it would have to be totally customizable. you can set an oil change to be a xxxx miles, and be able to reset the ticker when the oil has been changed. give a warning at a fill up approx 500 miles before the oil change is due. man o man......this would save some bickering between the wife and i. i rarely drive her vehicle, so i depend on her to tell me when the oil needs to be changed. before you know it, she is 1000 miles over-due. if i would have had a notification that it was due, it would have saved some bickering between us.
This is how the Reminder system in aCar already functions.
You set the type of Expense, the Intervals in which you wish to be reminded (X miles, or X months).
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #6
Registered Member

If I could suggest an improvement: it would be helpful if service reminders could be set at absolute mileage points, rather than relative to the last service. Those of us who follow the manufacturer's service schedule rigorously (which is more common in Europe than NA) will try to get back on track if an oil change or service is late. So, for example, my Subaru requires oil changes every 6000km, with a more major service every 24,000km. Ideally I want to do my oil changes at 6K, 12K, and 18K, so that the next one falls at 24K and can be done with the major service. But if acar sets the reminder for 6K after the last oil change, this gets out of whack and doesn't line up with the major service. So in the default settings for services, I would like a third option to pin the service to a specific odometer reading or multiple thereof (rather than x kms after the last service).
Thanks.

twinger is offline   Reply With Quote