2015 Ram Eco Diesel from North Georgia - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-05-2015, 07:25 AM   #11
Registered Member

Since the US switched to ULSD, the refineries have been able to export the fuel to Europe and other ports where the ULSD was already standard. Before ULSD, we had an excess supply of diesel that kept prices low. There is still some seasonal differences with the price inregards to heating oil use, but the price difference now is mostly because of that ability to export the fuel.

The difference amount is regional. It's around 60 cents here. In California, diesel and premium gas are about the same. Sometimes it drops to regular prices there.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:16 PM   #12
Registered Member

Is there any way to edit a post. The Image hosting site I used to post the photo of my truck has switched the image (at least on my display). I'd like to remove it if I can but can't find an EDIT button ?

RAMFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:18 PM   #13
Registered Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollbait View Post
Since the US switched to ULSD, the refineries have been able to export the fuel to Europe and other ports where the ULSD was already standard. Before ULSD, we had an excess supply of diesel that kept prices low. There is still some seasonal differences with the price inregards to heating oil use, but the price difference now is mostly because of that ability to export the fuel.

The difference amount is regional. It's around 60 cents here. In California, diesel and premium gas are about the same. Sometimes it drops to regular prices there.
Thank you for that info. It makes good sense. I had heard that at some point recently, gas and diesel were almost the same in Northern California ... heading there in May so looking forward to it
Old 03-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #14
Registered Member

The hard part is finding diesel there...I grew up in Silicon Valley, and for a time my Dad had a Mercedes 300SD. We had a precious few stations where we could find diesel and always had to stick close to them.

California fuel is expensive.
Jcp385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:01 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMFan View Post
Is there any way to edit a post. The Image hosting site I used to post the photo of my truck has switched the image (at least on my display). I'd like to remove it if I can but can't find an EDIT button ?
The photo of my truck is back now for some reason. I guess when you post a picture with a URL from another web-site, you're at the mercy of that web-sites ability to manage it's business.

Also, for some reason, this post now has the capability of being EDITED by me. This is the first and only post with that option so I just don't understand what's going on. What a day .... guess I'll go and upload another video to You Tube now
Old 03-06-2015, 09:05 AM   #16
Registered Member

Ok, I get it now .... a new post can be edited for a specific length of time and then no longer after that.