92 Eagle Talon - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #21
DRW
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamalope View Post
Hey, gang.

I just signed up to this looking for a way to better my own mpg ave.

I'm also in the bay area and I've got a 135k mile '91 Galant Vr4 (426/2000). I'm getting between 22-24mpg with mostly highway and I'd love to get over 30mpg. Car is bone stock and does have dsm link. Very happy to catch this dsm filled post for sure. Good place to start other then try and keep it out of boost? I'm kinda weary of grill blocking on thses cars as the engine bay gets mighty hot at times.
Yeah, I wouldn't put a grill block on a GVR4. It might block the puny stock fmic, and it needs all the help it can get. I have a fmic on my Laser that covers the entire bumper opening, so it acts like a partial grill block. On the freeway the coolant temps hover around 203-206, I wouldn't want it to go any hotter.

See post #4 above in this thread for other tips and links to more info.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't put a grill block on a GVR4. It might block the puny stock fmic, and it needs all the help it can get. I have a fmic on my Laser that covers the entire bumper opening, so it acts like a partial grill block. On the freeway the coolant temps hover around 203-206, I wouldn't want it to go any hotter.

See post #4 above in this thread for other tips and links to more info.

Well seeing ad your in the bay area can you recommend any good dsm shops someplace around here? I've got some work I'd like to get done (evo III manifold, etc) on it and I'm living in a condo at the moment so I have no place to do car work. These galants are kinda quirky so I'd like to take it someplace that even knows what it is. Hell the dealership was clueless.

spamalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:02 PM   #23
DRW
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamalope View Post
Well, seeing as you're in the bay area can you recommend any good dsm shops someplace around here? I've got some work I'd like to get done (evo III manifold, etc) on it and I'm living in a condo at the moment so I have no place to do car work. These galants are kinda quirky so I'd like to take it someplace that even knows what it is. Hell the dealership was clueless.
No problem, Full Function Technologies in Hayward is the best DSM shop in the bay area. All they do is work on DSM's and Evo's. They even have an AWD dyno. It's where all the high HP guys go to get tuned. Check out www.FFtec.com