'98 Metro 1L 5 speed - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-03-2007, 06:16 AM   #1

'98 Metro 1L 5 speed

Hey dudes,

Just stopping by to introduce myself. I am Mr Evolution or gwong from NYC. i found it ridiculus to be spending a large amount of my paycheck on gas, so I started using mass transit and saved enough to get a Metro. Running strong and just enjoying the many drive bys of the many gas stations.

Not sure you'll get 60 mpg and higher, but still learning this car, and getting around 40 mpg.

Just wanted to say "hey dudes" and please keep up the wonderful work. Hopefully the Automakers, city council, and the EPA will start making changes for the better of humanity.

Mr Evolution

MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:43 AM   #2
Registered Member

Mr Evo, wecome to GasSavers. There are a large number of Geos on the site and you will be able to find any info you need. There's a lot of improvements you can make for very cheap.

My brother has 2 Geos and loves them. I test drove a new one in 1991 and was amazed at the power of the 3 cyl. Should have bought then for $6000.

CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
Registered Member

Welcome to the site.

Switched from Evo to transit to a Metro, eh? Quite a story.

I used to live in a city that had extensive public transit: Toronto. I lived and worked near one a streetcar line and I didn't mind it at all (actually kind of looked forward to reading the paper or sightseeing instead of driving). My car used to sit parked all week, and I'd usually use it on weekends only.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote