About 5 gallons a month - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

About 5 gallons a month

I am not really a gas saver….. A university teacher, in an Asian country, on an income just a shade above the world average ($1,490/month, based on a BBC survey), I simply do not use much.

My daily ride is a sturdy bicycle, which serves me within a 5- 8 mile radius of my apartment.

My only motor vehicle is a 100cc Honda Dream motorcycle, which I use for longer journeys, typically 2 or 3 days a week. Used in quite heavy traffic, with some steep hills and plenty of lights it gets better than 100 mpg. On longer journeys out of town that goes up to the 110 - 120 mpg range. All up, I use less than 5 gallons of gasoline a typical month these days.

The latest similar fuel injected models are reckoned to be 30% more efficient, but I don't do enough miles to justify replacing my 1997 Dream…. an ex rental bought in 2003, it has done done over 141,000 miles.

I am disappointed that small bikes such as the Honda Dream and Wave have disappeared from Fuelly's list of vehicles. These are the mainstay for personal transport around these parts, outnumbering cars on the road by a factor of nearly three to one.

AjMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
Registered Member

They haven't been purged from the system. Even if the vehicle is temporarily hidden from the Browse all Vehicles page, the individual users can (and are) still tracking them.
We are a small team, but we are working to categorize all the 'hidden' vehicles, with all their models, and submodels, for every year, so that they can be viewed and researched better than before.
Please be patient with us as we finish this up. I promise, as soon as the dust settles, Fuelly will look and feel just as familiar as before, but overall the potential for one to use/learn from the data will be much greater!
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote