Another new one to GasSavers from N. TX - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

Another new one to GasSavers from N. TX

I love cars, all kinds, gas guzzlers included but it is really a fun challenge to up fuel mileage on any car.

It is just another form of hot rodding to me.

I drive a 2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport (most Ford dealers don't know they even exist)

It averages between 20 and 22 depending on how I drive.

I am sure it could do better without my lead foot!

I have a racing background and have done a lot of cylinder head work.

I worked for Rerher Morison Racing engines in the early 90's as a cylinder head and intake manifold porter and had my own business form 94 to 99 doing the same thing.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea..._doug_mangrum/

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...rge/index.html

I have a lot of off the wall ideas about engine dynamics and would like a group of people to discuss them with that are interested in that kind of stuff.

I have been thinking about playing with a car set up for gas mileage.

I am a mechanical designer now and design all kinds of widgets for other people and few things for myself and some friends.

I really look forward to hearing about everyones projects over time.

retrorocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #2
Supporting Member

welcome to the site its nice to have people with lots of engine backround you should be with many here.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:46 AM   #3
Registered Member

Howdy. Another Texan on the boards. Whoot. Welcome to the site there are quite a few high perforance guys here. Look around there's lots of different info. We have a fellow that has a Saturn that shaved his cylinder head .050" with Somender Singh grooves, and Power Lynz in the intake ports and was acheiving over 60 mpg.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:31 AM   #4
FE nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
Howdy. Another Texan on the boards. Whoot. Welcome to the site there are quite a few high perforance guys here. Look around there's lots of different info. We have a fellow that has a Saturn that shaved his cylinder head .050" with Somender Singh grooves, and Power Lynz in the intake ports and was acheiving over 60 mpg.
Welcome to GasSavers! Performance and FE don't have to be in seperate cars. As mentioned, I had 2 back-to-back tanks in the mid 60's and another one in the low 60's before that. I also had enough grunt to hold off my friends '90 Chevy 4X4 in a 50 mph rolling start race. Another thing we did was to degree the intake cam.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
Registered Member

Welcome to GS

I always liked the Crown Vic LX/Sport-- a sporty version of the standard, but not as extreme as the Mercury Marauder. Tough thing as you know, is the weight of the full frame, and the V-8. That doesn't mean you can't get an appreciable percentage of improvement. Actually 22 is pretty good...

Lots of us here have racing backgrounds, so you're in good company. I look forward to your perspective on engine improvement. Best of luck in improving your mileage...

RH77
Old 05-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #6
Registered Member

I'm also in N. TX

Glad to know there are a few people in this area interested in FE.

I've never been interested in hotrodding except for ways to apply it to saving gas.

I'm going to be at White Rock Lake this Sunday, at this British and European Car Day:
http://www.kipmotor.com/abcd.htm

bzipitidoo is offline   Reply With Quote